Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

OpenCL Error in Vector-add-buffer code

RuochenJi
Beginner

I am using the VS2022 v17.2.3 and onAPI base toolkit 2022.3.1. The sample "vector-add-buffers" can be build sucessfully. When to run it, following error occurs:

RuochenJi_0-1669879140207.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you please try building your code after updating it to the latest driver?

Please refer to the below link for the latest driver.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

If this does not resolve your issue, please try building your code using the CPU and let us know the results.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
RuochenJi
Beginner

Hi, 

Thank you for the response.

The sample could be run with the cpu_selector.

I think the error caused by the GPU driver as you pointed out:

RuochenJi_0-1670210627025.png

However, it leads to my following question that, what's intel's strategy to deliver the oneAPI compatible GPU driver to manufacturer such as the Lenovo?

I am thinking about how to deliver my oneAPI based application to customers in future...

Could you please let me know your suggestion? 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello RuochenJi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics 620.   

OpenGL*, OpenCL*, and Vulkan* drivers must be installed separately, and are only distributed with the game or application that requires it. 

Based on your picture, seems that Lenovo has placed a restriction that voids the laptop from using generic (Intel) drivers since the drivers provided by Lenovo are customized to work perfectly with their device.

If you are running the latest Lenovo drivers and Visual Studio version, I recommend you to get in contact with Lenovo and the app developer for further instructions and drivers.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos