Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

OpenGL Single Buffer Support on i7-3612QM

idata
Employee

I am getting crashes and blank screens when NOT using double buffered schemes in C++ windows applications. Is there a reason this is happening?

Changing

pfd.dwFlag = PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW | PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL | PFD_DOUBLEBUFFER;

to

pfd.dwFlags = PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW | PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL; <---- program won't launch

or ( I tested glut as well for fun )

glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DOUBLE);

to

glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE); <----- white screen, not even cleared to glClearColor

I also call the proper flush/swap calls. Both of these changes cause issues. Is this a known limitation?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am having this same issue. I have the Intel HD Graphics 4000, and I just downloaded the latest drivers (9.17.10.2875) as you suggested, but it is still happening.

It happens only when PFD_DOUBLEBUFFER is not specified in the pixel format, as Andrew suggested.

I have tried this on other graphics cards, such as NVidia or AMD; the problem does not seem to exist on those, which makes me think that it's a driver issue.

I can point you to some software I have developed that you can use to test this, but I would need to get it to you privately, since it is not publicly available. Please let me know how I can do so, as I would really like to get a fix for this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Allan, I have downloaded the latest drivers (9.17.10.2932) and the issue still exists. I would really appreciate it if you could help me get some resolution on this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Eric wrote:

Allan, I have downloaded the latest drivers (9.17.10.2932) and the issue still exists. I would really appreciate it if you could help me get some resolution on this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

Have you tried the 15.31 2885 beta drivers?, I find these are the best for the HD 4000 at the moment, especially for OpenGL applications :-

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24340-intel-gma-drivers/page-15 Intel GMA Drivers - Page 15 - Intel GMA releases - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, thanks. No, I haven't tried those beta drivers. Why aren't they available from the Intel web site?

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Eric wrote:

Hello, thanks. No, I haven't tried those beta drivers. Why aren't they available from the Intel web site?

Because they are leaked Haswell betas, they are the first of the 15.31 series and come with a newer control panel also (as well as fixing a stack load of bugs!)

Try them, can't hurt , I wouldn't use any other driver on my HD 4000 system to be honest, all of the 15.28 series have been pretty poor so far IMHO, especially for gaming performance/compatibility.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, thanks, but am I missing something? None of the links to that version seem to be valid on the page you posted.

0 Kudos