Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

PUBG PC continuously crashes showing error gpu driver crashed and reset.

AryanPattani
Beginner

PUBG PC continuously crashes showing error gpu driver crashed and reset.My gpu drivers are up to date though it's showing this error.I also lowered the resolution and tried though it crashes.I request you to do the needful. 

My specs - CPU - I5-1135G7

GPU - Intel Iris Xe Graphics

RAM - 4 GB

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello AryanPattani

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Did you test different drivers?
  • Does this happen with other games or applications?
  • Please share a screenshot of the error
  • Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AryanPattani
Beginner

It doesn't happen in other games that I have played.I also checked by installing other driver versions but though it's crashing ony.I think you have not brought an update to fix this issue for PUBG PC.I am attaching the screenshot of the error and I request you to do the needful.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello AryanPattani, 

We recommend performing a clean install of the latest graphics drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter', or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic graphics driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
AryanPattani
Beginner

I performed a clean installation of the graphics driver but though it's crashing

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. As a friendly reminder, please share with us the SSU text results mentioned above to continue with the investigation. We will be waiting for your response.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
AryanPattani
Beginner

Now it's not showing error of gpu driver crashed but still it's crashing after the PUBG logo appears.I am attaching the SSU results to help you investigate further.Please do the needful.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. Checking the game requirements it seems that this mainly happens because the computer doesn't meet the game requirements. As per Steam info, you need at least 8 GB RAM but 16 GB RAM is recommended:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
mrsiddle
Beginner

@AryanPattani I am also facing the same issue with the call of duty mobile 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@mrsiddle Everyones case is different.  Start a new thread for yourself.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos