Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Persona 4 Golden (Steam) serious graphical issues

xSoup
New Contributor I

Hello!

I'm having trouble with my new Xe powered laptop. Persona 4 (Steam) is simply unplayable, with graphical glitches everywhere. I can't even navigate to the video options to see if I can trouble shoot the issue. Bellow are some pictures of the issue.

Is this a known issue being worked on?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @xSoup

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- We understand this is a new laptop. However, were you able to run this game without issues at any point before? If yes, was there any change related to the point when the issue started? For instance, driver updates, Windows®, or software updates?

2- Please provide detailed step-by-step instructions for replication purposes in our lab. If possible, please share a short video showing the behavior.

3- Could you share with us screenshots (if possible) or details of the settings that you are using for this game.

4- Provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
xSoup
New Contributor I

Hi Andrew,

1) At no point has the game worked on this laptop. I tried playing it almost as soon as I received the machine with the manufacturer's drivers. That didn't work so I also tried using the latest Intel DHP driver for the iGPU. That did not work either.

2) Replication shouldn't be an issue, literally just open the game and it's a graphical mess. I can't actually see anything meaningful when I do so I am actually unable to access the video settings menu. Again, there is no complicated step by step to replicate the issue, it's simply unplayable from the moment of launching.

3) For the reason listed above I cannot attach a screenshot of my video settings.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello xSoup

Thank you very much for the information provided. Please allow us to check this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as we have more details available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @xSoup

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that we are aware of this behavior and our team is currently investigating this and trying to reproduce this through tests in our lab.

Please refer to the following thread where we will be posting more details regarding our tests and additional information and updates: Unplayable: Persona 4 Golden on Intel Iris Xe graphics

Since we will be tracking issues and details about our test in that other thread, we would like to know if you agree to close this inquiry in order to avoid duplication of efforts? Please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
xSoup
New Contributor I
Hi Andrew,

Yes that’s fine. I’ll keep an eye out on that thread.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello xSoup

Thank you for your response.

Ok, we will proceed to close this thread now and it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos