Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Photoshop freezes Arc A370M

Nightspirit
Novice

I have an  Asus Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED with intel CPU i7-12700 and Intel Arc A370M graphics card. When using Photoshop, the app refuses to close. I also cannot export a photo from Adobe Camera Raw to Photoshop when using the masking took in Camera Raw. The image won't open and completely freezes Photoshop. I am using the Drivers from the Asus website as the newer ones from earlier this year made Photoshop crash more often. The drivers released on 3/23/23 don't mention the issue being addressed, and I am reluctant to try the new drivers. I've attached the system support utility file.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nightspirit

Before closing this thread, we want to let you know that there is a newer driver update, the version is 31.0.101.4335. Make sure to use Display Driver Uninstaller at the time of uninstalling the previous driver.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
carbarmo
Novice

I would like to add something to the post that may help you.

I reinstalled my PC and Windows chose the drivers for my dGPU and iGPU. For dGPU install 31.0.101.4091 and for iGPU 31.0.101.3616.

My computer works like never before, for Shadow of the Tomb Rider I use practically the highest settings, same for Injustice 2, Sniper 3 and others. In the case of Photoshop it is wonderful and without problems.

So I was curious, I installed the latest driver authorized (not Beta) by Intel, the 31.0.101.4314. The installer installed it for the iGPU and for the dGPU and then... the problems occurred. Started giving Photoshop errors, PC froze and rebooted with igkmdnd64.sys drive error. So I installed driver 31.0.101.3616 for the iGPU again and problem solved, I kept that version for the iGPU and for the dGPU the new one, 31.0.101.4314.

Roniek
Beginner

I have the same problem but with after effects, since the new driver my laptop, which is similar to the one of this topic, crashes when I use after effects. It's really annoying. I used ddu as Hugo suggested and than installed latest update as suggested and still have the problem. It's even worse than bsod the PC just freeze, sometime it says watchdog time out bsod. Only solution is to down grade to manufactory 30.0.101 which is much slower for other uses. Help me please.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Thank you for posting.

The issue that you mentioned seems to be a little bit different as it includes BSOD crashes as well, also the software that causes issues is different, we would advise that you open a new thread to further troubleshoot this problem, however, please note that if the driver provided by your system manufacturer work fine without crashes this will be the ones we would advise you to use as they are customized and specially developed by the manufacturer for the specific laptop hardware.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Roniek
Beginner

so i figured it out. once you update the gpu using intel installation,  windows update rolls back the update but only for Xe iris and not for arc therefor there are two different drivers for each of the gpus. i had to go into the device manger after the update, and after windows had rolled it back and the hit go back to previous version so windows update wont touch the gpu again.  good luck

EDIT:

Didn't work, seems to be working for a while but eventually also crashed

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Roniek

Thank you for sharing your findings. Since the thread owner has no longer posted for a while now. This thread will be closed. Please open a new one to further assist you with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos