Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Please help - Monitor/tv settings are not supported - VGA to RCA

Adrienne
Beginner

Hello.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit notebook computer.  I've been able to connect to the tv using HDMI, but also have an older tv that we would like to connect to using VGA to RCA and it won't recognize the connection.  The Graphics and Media Control Panel says "Monitor/tv settings are not supported" when I try to switch displays.  

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Adrienne, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Notebook?

What is the model of the old TV?

Was the old TV working fine before using the VGA to RCA converter with this same computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Just to confirm, you are trying to use the built-in display of the notebook, plus the HDMI TV and the old TV as well, is that correct?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Adrienne
Beginner

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The model of the notebook is:  Asus K50I

The tv is:  Sansui DTV2798

The tv works fine with my ipod, etc.  I used to have a hdmi to rca adapter but it was cheap and didn't last long.  This is the first time I tried to hook up this computer to the tv.  I have not done any changes to hardware or software.  After I saw that the computer wouldn't connect to the tv, I tried to update the driver but it didn't work.

Both the tv and the computer work fine on their own.  I don't care to use both displays I just want to be able to watch videos with my family from the computer on the tv because the screen on the tv is bigger, instead of huddling around a little notebook.

The report is attached.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Adrienne
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel 

I've also attached a picture of my display control panel.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrienne, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrienne, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Adrienne
Beginner

Please don't close the case.

Been unavailable but still have the problem.

0 Kudos