Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Problème audio HDMI

Yassine_ch
Beginner

Bonjour tout le monde, j'ai un problème concernant la lecture audio via câble HDMI.

J'ai essayé plusieurs solutions (mise à jour des pilotes, réinstallation du système d'exploitation windows 10, changement de câble, changement d'écran....) en vain.

Le PC est un DELL Inspiron 3671, carte graphique Intel UHD 620.

Si vous avez des solutions à ce problème, merci.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Yassine_ch,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Notre support n'est fourni qu'en anglais. Nous ne pourrons peut-être pas traduire les captures d'écran jointes au fil de discussion. Pour mieux vous assister, nous utilisons un outil de traduction, donc; la traduction peut ne pas être tout à fait exacte.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics 620, I will be glad to help you.

In order to better assist you, could you please provide more details about what the issue is about?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Yassine_ch
Beginner

Hello Steven! First of all, thank you so much for your reply ( I thought nobody would reply to my question)

So, the problem is, when I plug my computer (Dell Inspiron 3671) with its screen, using an HDMI cable, the video shows up well, but, no audio.

I tried changing the cable and the screen, with no result. Now I think the problem might be related to drivers, and I did all the necessary updates, and again, no results...

I hope you understand the problem I'm having, I'll be happy if you helped me with a solution or something that can help me find the answer.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

Please provide the following information:

• Are you able to connect the screen/monitor to your PC using a different type of cable such as Display port for example?
  • What is the model of your screen/monitor?
  • Can you confirm you are using a straight connection (HDMI to HDMI), meaning no video adapters, dongles or hubs in between?
  • Are you connecting the monitor to the integrated graphics and not to a dedicated graphics card such as an NVIDIA one? I ask this because I can see Dell offers Nvidia drivers for this desktop model (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-3671-desktop/drivers).
  • While the monitor is connected to your PC through the HDMI cable, please gather the graphics report by following these steps:

On Windows, look for the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Go to Support > Click on System Diagnostic > Click on Generate report > Save the report as a .txt file and attach it to your reply.

Lastly, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Yassine_ch
Beginner

Hi, steven, thanks for your answers

First, yes I can connect the screen to the PC using a VGA cable, and it works

Second, I'm using a TV screen, Sony BRAVIA.

Third, yes, I'm using a straight HDMI-HDMI cable, I changed it two times but it turns out that the problem isn't related to the cable

Fourth, no, I don't have an NVIDIA card

You'll find the reports attached to this reply and a screenshot of the sound settings bar, it shows the HDMI but says that it's not connected.

Thanks again for your support!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

Please perform the following steps and let me know of the outcome:

• Although you have the latest graphics drivers installed already, please perform a clean installation of the graphics drivers (31.0.101.2115) and if the issue persists, try the clean installation but with the latest drivers recommended by Dell (27.20.100.9664). Please find the link to each driver and instructions below:

Clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Latest Intel UHD Graphics driver (31.0.101.2115): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html

Latest Dell UHD Graphics driver for Dell Inspiron 3671 (27.20.100.9664): https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-3671-desktop/drivers

• Do you have any other monitor/TV you can connect the PC to using the same cable and test if there is still no audio? If so, please try that.
  • Do you have another PC/laptop you can connect to the Sony TV using the same cable and test if there is still no audio? If so, please try that.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Yassine_ch
Beginner

Hello Steven! 

I tried to do the clean install, but it doesn't work, when I installed the driver from the intel website, the HDMI icon disappeared from the page (the icon in the attachment below), so I updated the graphic driver to the older one to make it appear again, but it doesn't work.

For the display, the problem started 5 months ago and (I was in another city), with the computer's monitor (Dell), I also tried an LG screen (the problem wasn't solved)

Answering the second question, yes, I tried to do it with a Lenovo Ideapad S145, and the sound doesn't work, but I remember that it was working before (I guess a year ago now, I don't use the HDMI a lot)

Lately, I have tried an alternative solution, using an HDMI-USB adapter (see attachment below), the sound works very well, the only thing that I didn't like is that the display shows up slowly and doesn't show the screen while processing (the page that asks administrator's authorization) 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

I will take all the information provided and work further on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will get back to you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Yassine_ch
Beginner

Thanks, Steven, any new information about the issue?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Yassine_ch,

Many thanks for your patience on this matter.

Please be aware that graphics issues on Intel integrated graphics from 10th generation or older may not be fixed unless it is a critical fix or a security vulnerability.

We are going to try replicating the issue on an 11th generation or newer driver, and if we confirm there is an issue, it will only be fixed in the 11th gen or newer driver. Fixes are not been merged to the 7th to 10th gen driver.

I recommend you to take a look at the article Graphics Driver Support Update for 10th Generation and Older Intel Processor Graphics (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091662/graphics.html) for more information.

As soon as I have an update, I will get back to you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Yassine_ch.

Many thanks for your patience.

We were unable to replicate this issue on an 11th generation processor or newer. As mentioned on my previous post, the issue is only going to be fixed on the 11th gen or newer driver (if applicable), as fixes are not being merged to the 7th to 10th gen driver, even though this will be reported.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos