Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Problem intel UHD Graphic 10th

Shype
Beginner

Hello, I bought a laptop pc running windows 10 with an I7 10750H and an RTX 2070 as component. Needing a good battery life, I need the pc to switch to the integrated graphics card to save battery. However, the intel graphics processor no longer appears in the device manager. I tried to manually reinstall the driver but I couldn't, I have errors. What to do I am blocked cordially

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Shype 

There is possibility that the Intel Integrated Graphics is not connected in your laptop to the video output and only the RTX2070 can be used for video generation. You should ask about this the laptop OEM. 

In addition you may enter BIOS settings and check if the Integrated Graphics is not disabled. In many cases when you want to use one of the GPUs (integrated or additional), only one GPU can be enabled at time. So, could be that in BIOS you may disable the RTX2070 and enable the Integrated Graphics.

Leon

0 Kudos
Shype
Beginner

thank you for your answer, or is it for a MSI BIOS? thank you.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
Shype
Beginner

I dont have the same menu, im on a laptop

I have MSI GS66

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Shype, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

As mentioned by @LeonWaksman, chances are that your laptop can only support one graphics card at the time due to the manufacturer (OEM) design, so it does not have the feature to use hybrid/switchable graphics, check more information here

In this case, you will need to contact MSI* directly to see whether this feature is supported, and if it is; how to change or include the Intel® UHD Graphics. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry from our side as you will need to work with the OEM. If you have any additional questions; please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos