Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem with Intel UHD Graphics 630

Luisminanjr
Beginner
Whenever I use my computer it tends to overuse the Intel graphic card. I tried to select NVIDIA as my preferred card but it seems it doesn't work. This would happen, ie, when I scroll down a webpage or when I create a new folder and I type the name, the text would appear some time later, not immediately as I type it. The effect is similar to lagging, it does not look fluid, and the card goes to 100% usage. Any advice or solution on this? Drivers are updated...
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Are you using drivers released by and/or approved by you laptop vendor? Or are you using later generic drivers from the Intel and Nvidia sites? If the latter, well, that's likely your problem. Go back and test again with drivers from your laptop vendor.
...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Are you using drivers released by and/or approved by you laptop vendor? Or are you using later generic drivers from the Intel and Nvidia sites? If the latter, well, that's likely your problem. Go back and test again with drivers from your laptop vendor.
...S