Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Problem with reading Graphics Cards

Klayman
Beginner

Hello. I bought a new Gigabyte G5 GD laptop with RTX 3050 + Intel card. When I start any game, it freezes very much. The laptop probably uses an Intel card (proof on screenshots). The problem does not occur when I connect my computer to an external monitor. Then the Nvidia card works 100% and everything runs smoothly. I set up each game to use a high-performance card, both in the Nvidia panel and in widnows 11. I have the latest 511.79 drivers and 30.01.101.1340. Laptop work well also when I install other version of Intel Drivers, but after a while the problem returns. The computer is a week old and I've been fighting it since the beginning. All other drivers are also up to date. Will you help me solve this problem? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Battlefield should not run on iGPU if you force the dGPU in control panel.

Did you catch the latest BIOS update?

"Fixed performance issue on Win11" sounds promising...

If you don't know how to update BIOS, ask Gigabyte support before you try anything.

0 Kudos
Klayman
Beginner

I forced on the GF, but it does nothing.
Yes, I also updated the BIOS and still nothing.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Since your laptop is brandnew it might support "NVIDIA advanced Optimus".

These laptops contain a multiplexer chip (MUX) which can disable the iGPU physically in BIOS.

Check if there is a BIOS option for that.

0 Kudos
Klayman
Beginner

I was looking for this option in bios. Its Insyde Bios v.FB07. 

Unfortunately that option does not exist

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Klayman

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Short video of the issue. 
  2. In which games does the issue occur?

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Klayman
Beginner

Sorry that I didnt answers. I think problem is solved. I updated bios again to FB09. When the problem recurs, I will contact you. Thank you for the memory.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos