Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Regarding dual display configuration in windows 10

Lnj00
Beginner

Little background for understanding:

• Our current system uses 64bit processor which provides 3 video output in parallel. Port1, Port2, and Port3
  • Port1 and Port2 are always cloned and that is our product requirement. That means both port will have same content and this is done by the predefined display setup while installing software in new system.
  • Port 3 display is always extended type, this is also done by the predefined display setup while installing software on new machine.

Our product uses customized hardware which supports Win10 on that. We have 2 DP port for display output, when we connect both port with GE display, we don’t see any problem. However, when we connect One display, we see change in the port assignment settings.

We have 2 DP port for display output. When we connect our system(Integrated system) with one display to any port it is behaving always cloned. But as per our requirement when we connect the display to one port  it should always be extended and when we connect to other port it should always be cloned but is is not happening as expected.

It would be great if you can provide some info. We are not sure whether intel display driver is not supporting/compatible to our hardware or not.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (look at the instructions under the reply window).

Doc

0 Kudos
Lnj00
Beginner

Hi,

Processor - Atom E3950

Its customized mother board, there is no model number for that. Our mother board supports 2 DP display port and 1 eDP port.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 2019

System Type: 64-bit Operating system

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Again, So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (look at the instructions under the reply window).

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, please upload this report, we will need it.

I am unaware of any way to implement the requirements you have. As far as I know, if you have Windows configured for a cloned display, regardless of the port that the display is connected to, it is going to be a cloned display. Saying it another way, I do not believe that there is a way to tie the cloning to the particular port and I do not think that it is the Intel Display Driver that would be responsible for this regardless. I may be wrong (you probably hope so ;^) ), but you might want to ask about this in the Microsoft forums...

...S

0 Kudos
Lnj00
Beginner

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response....

I have attached the scanned report. 

On high level, we have one Integrated display and two normal display's so as per our requirement we have to configure Integrated display and other display as Clone display and other as Extended display.

Looks like Intel driver which we are using is not supporting the 'Hybrid Display mode'

0 Kudos
Lnj00
Beginner

Hi,

I have attached the info document you asked.  May i know your input.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have a 10th gen NUC system (NUC10i7FNH) with HDMI and (USB-C-based) DP outputs. I used a MST Hub to connect two monitors to the DP output. I then was able to use all three monitors independently (extending desktop) and also to clone any monitor to another (leaving the other extended). This tells me that the cloning capability that you want is there; the issue is what about the second and third monitors being added on the fly. I found that, if I plugged the monitors back in in the same connectors, I would get back to the original AB.C configuration. If I plugged them back in in the opposite order or if I plugged them back in in the opposite connectors, I could end up with A.B.C, AB.C, or even B.AC!

Bottom line, this drew me to theorize that this is a Windows-level issue and not an Intel graphics-level issue. How to prove this? I fired up the same three monitors on a NUC8i7HVK, which has AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics (and Intel graphics neutered). I tried the same scenarios as above - and saw the same issues. Bottom line, this is a Windows issue, not an Intel Graphics issue.

Now what?

...S

0 Kudos
Lnj00
Beginner

Thanks for your input.

We will check with Windows and will get back to you.

0 Kudos