Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

SFF N100 can't output via DP port

Dis93
Beginner

I just got a Windows 11 Pro N100 mini pc. I can connect it to a HD TV via hdmi and get a signal. I cannot get output from the DP. I have a DP to HDMI cable to my monitor.

If I only have that connected, in device manager I get a display listed with a resolution of 640x480 only.

If I have both connected I only get the TV/Monitor active.

I can use the HDMI to HDMI to the monitor, so the monitor is fine.

I have tried 2 different DP to HDMI cables, one that worked on old PC, the other a brand new DP 1.4 to HDMI cable.

Windows cannot detect a 2nd monitor.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Dis93,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To assist you more effectively with the issue you're experiencing, could you please share the manufacturer of your SFF N100? Additionally, if possible, provide a link to the specifications of your unit, which will allow us to review the details thoroughly.

Furthermore, we would appreciate it if you could inform us of the model of your graphics card and the current driver version you are using. This information is crucial for us to understand the situation better and offer a precise solution.

Lastly, does your monitor have a DisplayPort (DP) input? If so, have you tried connecting via a DP to DP cable? This could potentially resolve any display issues you might be facing.

Your cooperation is greatly valued, and we look forward to your response so we can proceed with the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dis93
Beginner

It's a Dunhoo N100.

The specs are shown in the uploaded images.

It has integrated UHD 800 graphics according to the product page.

My monitor does not have DP input.

I have tried installing the updated grpahics drivers, version 31.0.101.4952

Dis93_0-1718966722912.jpeg

Dis93_1-1718966812744.jpeg

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

I have had good experiences with this active protocol converter cable. It is not the cheapest, but it is good:

Club 3D CAC-1087

0 Kudos
Dis93
Beginner

I got a USB-C to HDMI convertor. That works fine.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Dis93,

Thank you for the information you provided. To assist us in delving deeper into the matter, we would be grateful if you could provide the Intel® System Support Utility Logs from your computer. Attaching these logs to this thread will enable us to thoroughly examine your system's configuration.

Additionally, we are curious to know if you have reached out to your computer's manufacturer or place of purchase regarding this issue.  

Lastly, if you have access to an alternative monitor equipped with a DisplayPort (DP), we kindly ask you to test it. This will help us determine whether the issue is isolated to the DP port or if it is related to the overall system configuration or setup. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dis93,

Again, to assist us in delving deeper into the matter, we would be grateful if you could provide the Intel® System Support Utility Logs from your computer. Attaching these logs to this thread will enable us to thoroughly examine your system's configuration.

Additionally, we are curious to know if you have reached out to your computer's manufacturer or place of purchase regarding this issue. 

Lastly, if you have access to an alternative monitor equipped with a DisplayPort (DP), we kindly ask you to test it. This will help us determine whether the issue is isolated to the DP port or if it is related to the overall system configuration or setup. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dis93
Beginner

Attached is the SSU report.

I don't have a monitor with DP input.

I haven't reached out to the seller, as it was a fulfilled by Amazon purchase.

I haven't reached out to the manufacturer as I can't find a website for them.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dis93,

Thank you so much for the response.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps outlined on this link for a possible solution:

If the issue still persists, please let me know, as I will raise the case with our engineers for further investigation.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dis93,

We would like to know if you have any questions regarding the recommendation that we have provided.

If so, kindly inform me, as we would be glad to assist you. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Dis93
Beginner

Hi Carmona A.

I tried the suggestions as indicated with no success.

I have given up on the DP connection as the USB-C adapter is working.

Thank you for the assistance.

regards

Dis93

0 Kudos