Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Samsung monitor is not working in Win10 on Intel UHD 630 (i7 8700K)

D2000
Beginner

I've been running a 2 screen setup on an Nvidia card for a while but a few days ago had to give it up for a family member. I don't play games, so I thought I can still use my on CPU graphics to power my 2 screens. Nope, that didn't work out. Until Windows 10 loads up, I have 2 screens working but when Intel drivers kick in (latest installed) I lose my Samsung s24d330h monitor. I've established that it is not about a faulty cable or the wrong socket. Once Windows 10 loads my Samsung monitor is simply not recognised beyond a PNP monitor. The computer can clearly feel that monitor but Intel drivers can't do something that works for the other monitor. 

I've tried locking the refresh rate at 60 and with the native resolution supported by Samsung monitor but that didn't help. Yes, I've tried using that monitor on its own - dead on Win10 load.

Latest drivers from Intel loaded.

Anyone any ideas please?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

D2000, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

Is this a new computer?

Which video port are you using to connect the Samsung monitor?

Are you using adapters or converters? If so, please provide the model of them.

Was the Samsung monitor working fine before without the Nvidia graphics card?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides removing the Nvidia graphics card?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the Intel® Graphics and SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
D2000
Beginner

Hi,

ASUS PRIME Z370-A

This is not a new computer.

I have tried connecting via the HDMI and DVI (with an adapter). I've tried different cables too.

The monitor was not use on this computer without an Nvidia card. It was used on that and then I tried the inbuilt GPU. The monitor still works on this computer in both video ports up until the moment that Windows starts.

No other hardware changes were made apart from Nvidia card removal.

Running Windows 10 version 21H1.

This is home environment.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

D2000, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information showing in the SSU report, as you mentioned, currently the graphics driver version installed on your computer is 30.0.100.9684, which is the latest Intel® graphics driver version we have available on our website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30579/Intel-Graphics-Windows-DCH-Drivers

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in ASUS's website, and the latest graphics driver version they have available tested and validated by them as the proper one for your system is 26.20.100.6952. Using the monitor that works after booting to Windows*, please try a clean installation of that graphics driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-Z370-A/HelpDesk_Download/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

I also check on Samsung's website if there might be a driver that the Samsung monitor may need to be recognized beyond a "PNP monitor", and actually there is one, using again the monitor that works, please try to install that driver on your machine. Scroll down at the bottom of the page to where it says "Manual Download", it is the second file listed in there:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/business/business-monitors/led-ls24d330hsx/

Additionally, we advise to get in contact directly with ASUS as well to make sure the latest BIOS is currently installed in your platform or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
D2000
Beginner

Thank you.

Well, this didn't work either. I've done the BIOS, downgraded the VGA driver, installed the Samsung monitor driver but this didn't revive my monitor in Windows. Just as before it stops working when Windows loads up.

0 Kudos
StefanS
Novice

There seems to be a driver bug that usually hits Monitors that only support DP1.2. With this bug it help to set the monitor to 30 Hz (with the help of another monitor) maybe this helps in this case to.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

StefanS, Thank you very much for your suggestions.

D2000, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @D2000

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We are still working on this request; however, we would like you to clarify the following:

We noticed that you mentioned, "have tried connecting via the HDMI and DVI (with an adapter)". Just to make sure regarding HDMI*, did you mean you tested using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDM with a single cable and an HDMI® connector on both sides of the cable? (meaning no video adapters or converters for HDMI?). Please let us know the outcome.

Also, have you tested with another HDMI monitor to see if the behavior is the same? If not, is it possible for you to try this using another/different monitor? Please provide details.

In addition, we would like to inform you that we have released a new version of the graphics driver. Please perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* using Intel® Graphics DHC driver Version 30.0.100.9805 (Latest). During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

Please let us know if the issue is solved or if the behavior persists.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
D2000
Beginner

Hi, the HDMI to DVI adapter is nothing more than a basic port shape changer. I have also mentioned that using a DVI to DVI cable also makes no difference. I did also mention that I have 2 monitors and I have switched them around the connectors. The problem with Samsung monitor follows it on different ports and cables.  Just to reiterate (since I'm at it now), the Samsung monitor is working fine on another computer and also on this computer up until the moment that Windows 10 starts and drivers kick in.

The latest GPU driver seems to have done the trick. I've got both monitors working now.

There is an unexpected twist though... I now have frequent mouse cursor choppy moves. It is as it it freezes for a fraction of a second before carries on moving. This seems to coincide with HDD activity. Hmm... Should I start a new thread? 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello D2000, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
D2000
Beginner

Thank you for your reminder, I didn't see that earlier reply.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

D2000, You are very welcome, no problem at all, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem with the Samsung monitor got fixed after installing the latest Intel® graphics driver version and now it is working properly.

"Should I start a new thread?", yes please, since the problem with the mouse cursor is a whole different scenario and it could be related to several factors that we will need to examine.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos