Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20916 Discussions

Screen blanking with ARC A750 when playing web videos

Underfrog
Beginner

Just added a new ASUS Bifrost Arc A750 OC, Running with the default configuration. Resizable BAR is configured in UEFI and recognized by the card. Whenever I go to Youtube, or an embedded video plays in a web page, my screen goes black for a second. This happens consistently, and it usually happens several times before it stabilizes. If I do anything to the web page that is playing the video, such as scrolling down, it happens again. When playing video using VLC player, there are no problems. I have installed the latest drivers, and I've also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. After uninstalling, the problem no longer occurs, until I reinstall the drivers and then reboot. Display is a TCL 4K TV connected via HDMI. Tried a different cable and the problem remained. System is a Gigabyte B550M DS3H motherboard with Ryzen 5 CPU, running Windows 11 pro.

My previous card was an old GeFORCE GTX Titan, with the same screen, and I never had any issues like this.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We would be more than glad to help you with the blanking issue when playing videos on YouTube or an embedded video on a webpage.

To better assist you, we want to ask for the following information:

• Is this issue present since you added the Intel Arc A750?
  • Have you tried to use a different display device, monitor, or TV?
  • What is your Intel Arc A750 graphics card model? Do you have a Limited Edition card or a card from a different manufacturer: Asrock, MSI, GUNNIR, Sparkle, or Acer?
  • Create a system report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) to have more details about your system:
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Since you mentioned that you had another graphics card before installing the Intel Arc A750, we would like to recommend you run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove the previous driver versions and leftovers and install the latest Intel Arc graphics drivers, 31.0.101.5074.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

I tried using DDU to uninstall all previous drivers. It did not fix the problem.

• Is this issue present since you added the Intel Arc A750?

Yes

• Have you tried to use a different display device, monitor, or TV?

No, but this TV worked fine with the previous card.

• What is your Intel Arc A750 graphics card model? Do you have a Limited Edition card or a card from a different manufacturer: Asrock, MSI, GUNNIR, Sparkle, or Acer?

Acer Predator BiFrost Intel Arc A750 OC

OK, I did this. What do I do with it?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog

Thank you for the information provided. We understand that you have downloaded the Intel® SSU. With this tool, create a system report following the indications listed in the article "How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*". Save the text file, and attach it to your next post.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

OK, the report is attached. I also tried two other things:

1. I did a fresh install of Windows 11 on the same computer, using a spare SSD. As soon as the ARC drivers were installed, the problem reoccurred.
  2. I borrowed a Sparkle ORC OC version of the ARC750 and installed it in the same computer. It had the same problem as well.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

We see that the issue remains after a fresh installation of Windows 11 using a spare SSD, and the behavior is the same after testing a SPARKLE Intel® Arc™ A750 ORC OC. This time, we recommend you test the new driver version 31.0.101.5074, and let us know if the issue remains with the latest driver.

If the problem persists, we would like to request a video showing the problem and the step-by-step to replicate it. This would help us have a better understanding of the problem and better replicate the issue in case it is necessary.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

The updated driver did not fix the problem. A video is attached. Notice that the screen flashes not only when the video is started, but also when I scroll the web page that is playing the video. It does not only happen with Youtube. Any video playing in a web browser will cause it, including videos on Amazon or Reddit.

Steps to cause it:

1. Open a web page that has a video on it

2. Start the video

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue remains after testing the new driver. We also appreciate the video you provided showing the behavior of your system. We will proceed to look into this matter internally. Let us look into this issue internally, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog

We would like to thank you for your patience. Before we proceed to look into your issue, we would like to ask for more information about your issue, so please provide us with the following:

• What is the exact model of your TCL TV?
  • Which is the affected browser? We noticed in the video that you have different browsers installed, are all of them affected by this issue?

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

TV is TCL 50Q550G. The issue happens consistently and predictably in Chrome and MS Edge. In earlier testing it happened with Opera, but testing just now, I was unable to cause it to recur. I was also unable to get it to happen with Firefox (a browser I rarely use).

I also discovered that if I start and then pause a video in one tab of Chrome, I am able to watch a video in a different tab without the flickering, at least for a few minutes. I also notice that after the first flash, when a video starts playing, the color temperature of the entire screen appears to get cooler (this is solely my impression, based on white-background windows that are on the screen at the time of the video playing; I have no way of measuring it). Once the video stops, the color temperature gets warmer again.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

Windows just installed an update (KB5033375) last night, and the problem seems to have gone. I'd like to keep this issue open for another week just to make sure.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

We are glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved after installing the Windows update KB5033375. We understand that you would like to keep this thread open while you test your system just to be sure; therefore, we will keep this thread open for a week so you can test your system. Don't hesitate to let us know if the issue reappears.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner
I spoke too soon. After a Chrome restart, the problem started happening again. Chrome is Version 120.0.6099.71 (Official Build) (64-bit). Edge is having the problem again as well.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog

We understand that the issue occurred again. We will resume our reserach into this problem internally, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Thank you for your patience. We would be more than glad to ask if you can try using a different monitor for testing purposes. We understand that the TV works fine with another Graphics card, but it would be ideal to discard that the Intel Arc Graphics card works with a different display device.

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

OK, it's going to take me a few days to borrow a monitor.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

OK, I borrowed another 4K TV to test, and that one didn't have any problems. I was consistently able to reproduce the problem on the TCL without having it happen on the other. I then purchased a new HDMI cable, and when I used that, I originally didn't have any issues with the TCL TV. But this morning, after the computer went to sleep and then woke up, the problem started happening again. I am currently using the HDMI output. When I switched to using a DP output with an HDMI adapter, that appears to prevent it from happening.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

We see that the issue was not reproduced with another 4k TV, and the issue didn't occur for a while using a new HDMI connection. We would like to resume our investigation on this matter internally, however, we want to request you share with us a new system report, but this time using the Intel Graphics Command Center so we can have the complete EDID information for the TCL 4k display. To save the report you should follow these steps:

• Install the Intel Graphics Command Center
  • Open the application
  • Navigate to the Support tab
  • Select System Diagnostic
  • Click Generate Report
  • Select Save and name the output file.
  • Attach the file to your next response

Let us know if you have an update after testing the system with the DP output, plus an HDMI adapter. Nevertheless, it is important to mention that Intel does not recommend using any kind of adapters and can not guarantee 3rd party products/adapters will work as expected.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

The report is attached. I will respond again if I experience any issues using the DP to HDMI adapter (this is the connection I will be using full time until the problem is resolved, since I use this computer for work and I need it to function properly).

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Thank you for the new information. With the IGCC report, we will resume our research internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have an update.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Thank you for waiting. After looking into this issue, this is a compatibility issue with this TLC TV. However, we ask if you can check the TV's settings for Deep Color/Ultra Color or similar and test enabling/disabling it. Let us know the outcome once you have an update.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos