Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20916 Discussions

Screen blanking with ARC A750 when playing web videos

Underfrog
Beginner

Just added a new ASUS Bifrost Arc A750 OC, Running with the default configuration. Resizable BAR is configured in UEFI and recognized by the card. Whenever I go to Youtube, or an embedded video plays in a web page, my screen goes black for a second. This happens consistently, and it usually happens several times before it stabilizes. If I do anything to the web page that is playing the video, such as scrolling down, it happens again. When playing video using VLC player, there are no problems. I have installed the latest drivers, and I've also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. After uninstalling, the problem no longer occurs, until I reinstall the drivers and then reboot. Display is a TCL 4K TV connected via HDMI. Tried a different cable and the problem remained. System is a Gigabyte B550M DS3H motherboard with Ryzen 5 CPU, running Windows 11 pro.

My previous card was an old GeFORCE GTX Titan, with the same screen, and I never had any issues like this.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Underfrog
Beginner

There is no setting for deep or ultra color. There is a "dynamic color" but that was already turned off.

Can you give me more information about this "incompatibility"? Why have I never before experienced any sort of "incompatibility" with any other video devices or video monitors or TVs?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

We understand that there is no option for deep or ultra color, but you found a similar option called "dynamic color" and confirmed that this is disabled. Based on this we will proceed to resume our research on this matter, and we will post back as soon as we have more details.

About the incompatibility issue, this has not been confirmed yet; however, since the graphics card works as expected with another TV, it appears as if there is a compatibility problem with the TCL TV. Nevertheless, we need to further look into this issue to confirm if this is correct.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Before we look into this matter, since this option was disabled we would like to confirm if you can try enabling this feature for testing. Let us know if there is an update.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
jaydavis
Beginner

What worked for me was tweaking the refresh rate in the NVIDIA control panel. I know you're rocking an ASUS card, but maybe there's a similar setting in the ASUS software or Windows display settings.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

We would like to follow up on your thread to see if you have tried enabling this feature for testing. Let us know if there is any outcome.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Underfrog
Beginner

It did not make any difference in either position.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

We see that there is no difference if you have this option enabled, or disabled. Based on this information we will proceed to further look into this issue internally, and we will post back as soon as we have more details .

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog,

Thank you for waiting patiently for a response. After investigating the issue, we have found that it might be due to compatibility issues with your TV. However, since we cannot reproduce this issue on other displays, it is difficult for us to continue looking into this matter. We recommend that you report this issue to the TV manufacturer so that they can work with Intel to further debug this issue.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
ativadore
Beginner

Screen goes black for a second when playing videos on YouTube or embedded in web pages.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Underfrog

Since we have not heard back from your, we will proceed to close this thread. Remember that our recommendation is to report this issue to the TV manufacturer so that they can work with Intel to further debug this issue. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos