Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21228 Discussions

Screen flickering after intel HD 5500 drivers install

MD9
Novice

Hello,

Using windows 8.1 , just bought a new laptop, everything works great, I'm even writing from the laptop.

But when I try installing the drivers from lenovo support (intel hd 5500) , screen starts flickering and I can't see nothing, the only way to use the laptop is to restore it to the last point..

I tried like 3-4 versions of the drivers, yet nothing work.

The NVIDIA drivers work without any problem, but intel just gets flickering...

Using windows 8.1..

Help!!

51 Replies
NSmir3
Beginner
0 Kudos
ASund2
Beginner

The flickering issue I reported in Feb was resolved by one of the newer updates. Before we had to run one DVI and one VGA from the docking stations or have the users open and close their laptop monitors to refresh the video card as a work around before that was released. Thanks Allan.

0 Kudos
AMuch
Beginner

Same problem on a Asus R516LX. The screen is full of black spot who move randomly and the visible spots are like a messed up puzzle ... I found strange that it was working fine for something like 2 months, and suddenly it start doing all thoses crazy things (windows 10 showed that the driver stopped working, since then i cannot make it work again, except with the default microsoft driver, but then I can't play game with the 5500 chip and so on)

Any news on this subject ?

0 Kudos
ECost7
Beginner

HP Pavillion Laptop

Intel HD Graphics 5500 Display Adapter connected to HP Z30i IPS Display

Screen blanking off/on about every 5-10 seconds

I've been following this thread, updated to newest Intel Driver, newest monitor driver. No luck,

Monitor works flawlessly connected to a MacBook Pro.

Please Help.

0 Kudos
bhenr1
Novice

Same. I've been searching for a fix for over a month now. Its obviously a common problem. I tried the newest beta driver released this month as well with no luck. We need to keep this thread alive until we get a solution from Intel, as it is obvious that their display driver is at fault.

MPari7
Beginner

Hi,

I have Toshiba Satellite C55-C5240, and I have been facing the same issue. When I rollback to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the laptop works fine (but no access to brightness screen, no projector, etc) with limitations. As soon as I install the Intel HD5500 Graphic driver, the laptop goes black and flickers for sometime and gives me error "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE". I had installed two versions of the driver - the latest on and the one released in Sept 2015 but no success.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

mrudulp15

Please fill out the following form and I will try to replicate this matter:

Allan.

0 Kudos
NSmir3
Beginner

Hello, I have same problem with a new Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-571, Intel Core i3-505U, RAM Hynix HMT451S6BFR8A, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, new version BIOS. On the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter all is good. I try install all versions Intel HD5500 Graphic driver, but the problem is not solved.

0 Kudos
MKreh
Beginner

I too am having the same flickering issue with two new Lenovo T560 laptops, one is running Win 7 and the other is Win 10. Both have the latest Intel 520 driver from Lenovo website. If I try to install a newer driver version directly from Intel download site, it won't install. I believe the driver needs to be signed by Lenovo to install properly.

Any help solving this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos