Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Screen tearing HD 4600

SKatz1
Beginner

Recently i experienced some problems with my Sims3 game which contain awful screentearing in full screen mode.

As I am a total computer noob, I have tried to figure the problem out myself, but I couldn't make sense of any of it.

I have read something about a vsync problem, but adjusting the settings in the graphic control panel haven;'t helped so far.

I added a detailed report of my computer and what kind of drivers I use. As far as I know, everything is fully updated, but it doesn't fix the screentearing in my game.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Stef92

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support,

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are looking for information how to fix a display problem. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

In other to assist you further and start working on investigation could you fill out the form that is at the following link and post it on this thread

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Also if possible add a screenshot of the display problem you are having and the Dxdiag report following these steps:
  • On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type DxDiag and hit "Enter".
  • Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
  • Please attach the TXT file to the thread

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Stef92

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support,

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are looking for information how to fix a display problem. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

In other to assist you further and start working on investigation could you fill out the form that is at the following link and post it on this thread

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Also if possible add a screenshot of the display problem you are having and the Dxdiag report following these steps:
  • On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type DxDiag and hit "Enter".
  • Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
  • Please attach the TXT file to the thread

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SKatz1
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

Thanks for your response.

I tried to fill in the tabel as best es possible although not all questions where clear to me.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When starting my Sims 3 game the screen starts tearing after it's innitial loading screen. Tearing looks simular to tearing from v-sync problems. Adjusting my v-sync settings doesn't solve the tearing. When unboxing the fullscreen checkbox the tearing stops. Never head any simular problems within or outside of Sims 3.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel HD 4600

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

?

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue <strong style...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Stef92

Thank you for your response, and the information you have provided.

We are going investigate the display problem that you are having trying to find a solution on the case, we will be posting back when news becomes available

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Thank you for waiting on the case, is there a possibility for you to try the following settings on the game
  • Limit the FPS to 60.
  • Enable vsync
  • Try playing in windowed mode.
This following link can help to set the configuration

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/lowering-your-graphics-settings-in-the-sims-3/ https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/lowering-your-graphics-settings-in-the-sims-3/

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Stef92

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
FHugu
Beginner

Good evening,

I have the same problem as you friend and I find it absurd not to fix this in view of the time of existence of this problem.

I like games like CS GO, Hon, among others that if I leave the vsync disabled it is better for me since the video card is onboard, and for this reason the fps will get bigger, now hang the fps with the graphic on minimum and at times of greater action drop to 30 because of vsync is absurd.

Please intel, please make a new update correcting this problem.

I just installed an older driver that solved this problem, but the performance in the games got horrible, in other words, the fps dropped almost half.

Well that's. Otherwise the driver is ok.

Again I insist, please update the driver to solve this problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, nandohuguenin. Thank you very much for joining the thread.

In this case, if the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you I will highly recommend you to create a new thread explaining your problem. Make sure you include the information requested in /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761 so we can provide you a solution as soon as possible.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
kcris3
Beginner

INTEL is stupid company i suggest , invert their company from intel=intelegence = stupidity or dumbs ,,,,,,i have The solution ,,with no complicating things ,, problem is not windows 10, the problem is those new updates for 4600 HD Graphics,,,,, you need to find An graphic driver 2014. if you get 2015 driver your fps limitt on 60 frame ,,,, and if u get 2017 you ll get screen tearing even in windows 10 video player ,, stupid solution said - disable fullscreen optimazation . but that work just on games windows 10 Video player dont stop from flickering and tearing in fullscreen mode . So the developers on intell didnt work on this driver for windows 10.

0 Kudos
saenz
Beginner

amigo tengo el mismo problema no e podido jugar en un tiempo por esto pero al parecer el soporte no ayuda en nada como veo

pudistes arreglarlo?

0 Kudos