Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Second monitor not detected after Windows upgrade despite driver update

MXM
Beginner

On Thursday night, my HP Envy did an upgrade and shut down. When I turned it on Friday morning, the second monitor, which is connected via HDMI, was no longer detected, even though have it selected on Extend mode.  My IT department made sure the driver was updated but even then could not get it to work.  They suggested I use a Plugable USB 3.0, which I connected today but it also does not detect the monitor (although it works fine - using it for keyboard and mouse).  I have uninstalled the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and re-installed it, ensured it was updated, etc.,  but nothing is working.  The monitor is in working condition (and turned on) and the HDMI cables are fine (have used two different ones).  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MXM,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I was checking your post and I understand that your computer is no longer detecting the second monitor after an upgrade.

To better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Please provide the model of your computer.
  • What is the driver that is currently installed?
  • What kind of update did you perform? Is this an OS update?
  • What is your Operating System version?

If you prefer, please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.  This will gather the information requested above.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
MXM
Beginner
Thank you for your response, Esteban. I ended up resetting the laptop and that took care of the issue.
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MXM,

Thank you so much for the update.

It’s nice to know that you were able to resolve this behavior.

Then, we will proceed to close this inquiry, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos