Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Serious issues with Intel Iris Xe and Lightrom

madeinlisboa
Novice

I purchased a LG 16Z90Q-G.AP76P with a Iris Xe GPU and I have a lot of problems in Lightroom.

• I have limited acceleration. No export
  • There is a tinted yellow on every thumbnail on all panels, except in the image being edited on the develop module. Grid and loupe also show yellow tinted images
  • The select subject and select sky mask features are too slow or they just don't complete the detection

LG Electronics 16Z90Q-G.AP76P
BIOS
Version
A1ZG0380 X64
Date
7/6/2022
Motherboard
Manufacturer
LG Electronics
Model
16Z90Q
Version
FAB1
Operating System
Edition
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
Version (Build)
21H2 (10.0.22000)
Devices and Drivers
Processor
12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1260P
Graphics
Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Audio
Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones
Realtek High Definition Audio
Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Bluetooth® Audio
Networking and I/O
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz
Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®
Memory
16 GB
Storage
SAMSUNG MZVL2512HCJQ-00B00

1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello madeinlisboa, I just received an update on this matter.

In reference to your questions, yes, we used Windows* 11 build version 22000, i5-1135G7 with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, latest generic driver tested 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111 and followed the steps as you mentioned. We did not use an LG laptop instead, an Intel® NUC with the setup mentioned above and 8GB of RAM.

In regards to memory for graphics, memory is allocated automatically by the OS and normally it uses half of the system resources for more details:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000041253/graphics.html 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

In this case, the next thing to do will be to check with the app developers directly for more assistance about those errors as we could not replicate them.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

madeinlisboa, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, first, we recommend to check the system requirements of the tool with the application developers, in this case Adobe® Lightroom, to make sure your computer complies with them.:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Based on the Intel® graphics report that you provided, the graphics driver currently installed in your machine is version 31.0.101.3222, which is provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

It is important to mention that the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your device as expected since it does not contain the customizations done by the OEM. Based on that, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on LG's website but I was not able to find the drivers for your specific laptop: 16Z90Q-G:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/software-firmware-drivers

So, in this case, we suggest to get in contact directly with LG Support to confirm which are the proper drivers needed for optimal performace of your machine and also to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your equipment:

https://www.lg.com/us/support

If the problem persists after that, we just wanted to confirm the following details:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was Adobe® Lightroom working fine before on this specific computer?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the drivers that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

Thank you for answering. I can't get no reference to the compatibility, but I thought you should knew it. I honestly got a little confused with that answer. Lightroom reports that it is not fully compatible (see previous screenshots). If this is true, it is very disappointing, because these are a recent gpu and cpu, and the laptop is from 2022

I tried with the OEM drivers and Intel's. Same result

It's a pain to get support from LG. I'm still trying to find where to get help.

Regarding your questions:

Is this a new computer? YES

When did you purchase it? Last month

Was Adobe® Lightroom working fine before on this specific computer? I've just installed it

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the drivers that might cause this problem? NO. It's new

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Happens everywhere

Thank you again

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

I calibrated the monitor with my Spyder 5 and the tint issues on the panels and grid/loupe modules were strangely gone.

The only issue remaining is the select subject and select sky mask. It aborts, and it looks a memory issue (please, see attached log)

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

I disabled the gpu on Lightroom and I could successfully use the select subject and select sky mask feature.

Will Intel consider updating the drivers to make it compatible with Lightroom? It should work properly, based on this page

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

madeinlisboa, You are very welcome,t thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the SSU document, the graphics driver version that is now currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.1369, probably from LG or Microsoft.

In this case, even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, for testing purposes, you can try a clean installation of the latest Intel® graphics driver version 31.0.101.3413, following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Regarding your question, about Intel® considering updating the drivers, it is important to mention, that for Intel® it is very important all the feedback and suggestions provided by all of our clients. For that reason, I will send your remarks to the proper department for them to be aware of your observations and recommendations in order to keep improving the customer's experience while using Intel® products.

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

Thank you for your support. I did as you suggested but things are exactly the same. Lightroom says it has only partial support (no Export) and it fails to successfully detect a subject or sky after one image. It detects in one image only and the detection time is more or less the same as with gpu disabled. This detail is even more concerning because it seems the gpu does not give any speed advantage

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

madeinlisboa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Danrdz10103
New Contributor I

Hi. Just curious, what if you use Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic), do you see the same problem of sky/subject detect? that is an AI routine, so I would guess it has to do with both graphics and cpu. 

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

Sorry, I don't have Lightroom CC, but it works perfectly with Photoshop

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

In reference to this case, at this point, we are going to try to replicate the issue in our Intel® lab. Based on that, could you please provide a detailed description, step by step, of the procedure that you follow that results in the issue you described?

Once you provide those steps, we will try to duplicate this problem and confirm if it happens the same for us.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

Thank you for your support.

Lightroom was installed on a new LG 16Z90Q-G.AP76P. Drivers were the ones supplied with Windows 11. Lightroom in the performance tab of the settings, says that there is limited graphic acceleration (no use of GPU for export)
AI features don't work or I can use them only once. Speed  the same with or without use of GPU

Installed Intel drivers. Same results

Windows automatically reverts drivers to LG's, even if they are from a previous version.

See all the attachments of previous comments

Hope it helps

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

madeinlisboa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those aspects.

We will continue with our research on this matter. As soon as I get more details, I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

After trying to duplicate the issue in our Intel® lab, we were unable to replicate it. We followed the instructions so, no error messages were shown, we were able to use AI to detect sky and people with no issues and used indicated driver version and the latest driver version.

So, at this point, and after reviewing the case, we recommend to get in contact directly with Adobe Support for further assistance on this topic and possible suggestions on this matter:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

Hi Albert. Was it Windows 11? Was a LG laptop? May be it is the way the hardware is set and used on it, like shared memory.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi madeinlisboa, Thank you very much for your response.

I will verify those details and provide the response here as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

In reference to your questions, yes, we used Windows* 11 build version 22000, i5-1135G7 with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, latest generic driver tested 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111 and followed the steps as you mentioned. We did not use an LG laptop instead, an Intel® NUC with the setup mentioned above and 8GB of RAM.

In regards to memory for graphics, memory is allocated automatically by the OS and normally it uses half of the system resources for more details:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000041253/graphics.html 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

In this case, the next thing to do will be to check with the app developers directly for more assistance about those errors as we could not replicate them.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
madeinlisboa
Novice

OK. Thank a lot for your support

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

madeinlisboa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your reply.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos