Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20707 Discussions

Seriously, how to disable the intel batch file {A6D608F0-0BDE-491A-97AE-5C4B05D86E01}.bat

JLand10
Novice

We bought several corporate laptops that came with Intel HD Graphics 520 cards, and downloaded the driver for the cards from here on the intel website. After getting corporate security to assist in the installing of the driver, after rebooting, our corporate protection solution "Bit9" blocks this batch file from running. Each time a user logs in, the bat starts running file C: \ Intel \ GfxCPLBatchFiles \ {A6D608F0-0BDE-491A-97AE-5C4B05D86E01}.bat and they are hit with a security warning notification that an unapproved file was blocked.

How do we disable it? We can not find any reference to the file in the registry, services or startup locations.

0 Kudos
53 Replies
JLand10
Novice

Thank you Ronald. And as long as the answer isn't a third repeating of "This is a false positive, just whitelist the batch file" I will be glad to hear what you discover as a viable solution of some form is a necessity.

0 Kudos
JKlin5
Beginner

Did anyone find a resolution? [inb4 whitelist] I dont mean to gravedig, but this is obviously affecting more people than I thought. I do not understand why it would be such a cumbersome, perplexing issue to address.

0 Kudos
JLand10
Novice

Not grave-digging JamesinK I am still actively pursuing a viable resolution from intel. I was giving @Ronald_Intel a week or so to reply on his own with his own findings.

@Ronald_Intel - has a solution been found? Has anyone at Intel taking up AaronMargosis at Microsoft up on his offer to assist (since Intel has not been able to resolve this issue on their own in the last 3 months)?

A solution is necessary.

BStiv
Beginner

I also run Bit9. Having the exact same issue. GfxCPLBatchFiles is a hidden system folder that is User writable. Big security no-no, especially since user1 could edit that .bat file and igfxcuiservice would run it for user2 on login. Running a simple delete on the folder fixed the issue for me.

Remove-Item "C:\Intel\GfxCPLBatchFiles\" -Force -Recurse

Now, if you'll excuse, I have to go chase down every instance of GfxCPLBatchFiles in the Bit9 console, export the computer list, and pass it to an Invoke-Command to delete it everywhere. Or I might just do a simple SCCM compliance script to delete when found.

0 Kudos
BStiv
Beginner

Jesus F Christ. This is exactly why I run Bit9. User1 can recreate the GfxCPLBatchFiles folder and igfxcuiservice happily populates it with that .bat and Bit9 pops once again. Only fix is to deny Users r/w access to C:\Intel

Remove-Item "C:\Intel\GfxCPLBatchFiles" -Recurse -Force

Set-Acl "C:\Intel\" (Get-Acl "C:\Windows\")

0 Kudos
JLand10
Novice

Yeah, we tried that as well CircaLucid1 but then our QA guys found that when we connected the device to the docking station, we no longer had access to the two external monitors that are connected to each dock.

Ronald_Intel - any updates for us about a fix for this continuing issue?

0 Kudos
JLand10
Novice

Another week gone and still absolutely no update. Ridiculous.

Ronald_Intel - any updates for us about a fix for this continuing issue?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your patience. I usually try to stay away from the typical "we're working on it" response - as truthful as it is though - hence my apparent silence.

Now I am happy to report that we are currently testing an internal fix which, generally speaking, modifies the way we initialize the services that were previously done by the batch file. If all tests turn out fine, then I'm optimistic this should be included in our next driver release.

As soon as I have further details I'll post them here.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
MB22
Beginner

I'm glad to have found this thread and hope Intel fixes this asap. We are also having much frustration with this process triggering warnings from our whitelisting software (Carbon Black Protection) and annoying users.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay with our updates. I believe the changes we did for this situation are already implemented in driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680 24.20.100.6025

I would appreciate if you can give this one a try and report back your feedback.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
JNels7
Beginner

That's great.

When can we expect a version for Windows 7?

0 Kudos
EFran4
Beginner

Hi, I run into this problem on Windows 8.1 platform. Where do I find the updated driver for Windows 8.1 ? This an urgent issue for us as well.

Regards,

Emmanuelle F.

0 Kudos