Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20918 Discussions

Should I install the driver and firmware updates found in my windows settings?

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Hi 

Recently I have stumbled upon driver and firmware updates in my windows settings, should I install these?

See attached images.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON

In this case, the updates from Windows could be generic versions of the drivers, in order to know if these updates apply to your system it would be better to check with your system manufacturer. Based on the screenshots you provided your system seems to be an HP laptop/desktop so you can go to the HP website and use their tool to get your drivers updated or download them and update them manually from their site.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo

Yes, I have actually installed the drivers from hp's site directly already, so if I did this I guess I will ignore this on the windows settings.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON

Yes, since these updates are optional, they might no affect the system functionality or they could be newer drivers not validated by your system manufacturer, so in this case, if you updated your drivers through the system's manufacturer website this updates should not be needed.

Please let us know if you have further questions, or if you would like to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON

I see there are no further questions related to this topic. We will now proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new question if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos