Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21074 Discussions

Skylake integrated graphics 2560x1600 over HDMI/DVI?

idata
Employee

Recently completed a new skylake build (Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, Core i5 6600K). I wanted to use the integrated graphics for a few months whilst I wait for the graphics card I am interested in to be released. I have an Acer 32" 4k monitor, a Dell 30" 2560x1600 monitor, and a Dell 20" 1600x1200 monitor. The 32" is connected to the DisplayPort with no issues. The 30" is connected to the HDMI port, however, it is not running at the correct resolution. The maximum option I am given to select is 1200x800. The monitor is quite old, so only has DVI-DL as an input. Thus, to connect it, I am using an HDMI->DVI adapter. I also have cables that have HDMI on one end and DVI on the other, which give similar results. Based off the spec sheet, am I correct in believing that skylake should have no trouble running the monitor's native resolution?

I intend to replace the 30" monitor with another 32" 4k monitor in the near future. I realise that I would then be limited to a 24hz refresh rate if I wish to run

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, whitebloodcell:

Could you please provided me with the following information http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers? Make sure that both monitors are connected when generating the driver report.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/105444 whitebloodcell:

I just wanted to check on your thread; were you able to track this down? Does the issue persist?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos