Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Software Update: Intel® Graphics Driver 30.0.101.1340

JimChoo
Novice

On installing the above update, in February 2022, my Surround Sound system CH7.1 defaulted to Stereo, at best. I had to do a System Restore to a date before the update to get back my Surround Sound.

Core i5-11500

Windows 10.

How can the update be installed without changing my Sourround Sound system?

5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello JimChoo

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system, we will do our best to help you. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Does it work with older driver versions? If so, which ones?
  2. Surround Sound System model. 
  3. Have you tried installing the latest OEM driver?

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JimChoo
Novice
Hi Josue,

Thank you for your prompt response.

After installing the software update, my sound system defaulted to stereo mode; and when I tried to run my Speaker configuration, the only Audio Channel available was on "Stereo".

I could not get a choice of menus like before, as shown below:

JimChoo_2-1646984972383.png

When I tried to update my sound driver, I got the message that "Your driver is up to date".

And the "Roll Back Driver" selection was greyed out.

I did not update my Speaker OEM driver nor re-install its driver as I feel that Intel's update should not change my other settings.

Attached are the SSU Scan details.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hear of a good solution to this problem.

Kind regards,
JimChoo
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello JimChoo

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, we recommend performing a clean install of the latest graphics drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized and optimized to work with your system. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter', or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic graphics driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JimChoo
Novice

Instead of carrying out the recommended clean installation of the Graphics Driver, as I only rely on the Intel built-in GPU; I just installed the latest Intel® Graphics Driver 30.0.101.1404. Thus:

JimChoo_2-1647237245874.png

And I am happy to report that the problem of an earlier Driver update causing my Sound System to default to Stereo did not happen, and my computer still retained my Speaker Setup. Thus:

JimChoo_0-1647237100804.png

Thanks, Josue for directing me to the latest Intel® Graphics Driver.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello JimChoo

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. Thank you for sharing the steps taken to solve it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos