Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21335 Discussions

Sound and display

ElvinRn
Beginner

Hello .  I'm using Acer Aspire 3  with 12Gen Intel Core i7 and integrated Intel UHD graphics card and dedicated Nvidia GeForce MX550 .

While watching videos on the internet (no matter with which browser) the display gets glitchy for a second and some buzzer sound comes out of laptop (don't know which part). Then it goes normal again.  It repeats itself like every 5 , 10 or 15 minutes.  Sometimes it doesn't happen for a half an hour. 

But if laptop is plugged in nothing happens . 

Also  when I manually disable the Intel UHD Graphics the problem no longer persist. Side effect is you just don't have quality screen resolution.

How to solve this ? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ElvinRn,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing glitchy and buzzer sound issues.

As you mentioned that the issue is not present when the laptop is plugged in, try To Disable Display Power Saving Technology in the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

• Open the Intel® Graphics Command Center
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing Intel. Choose Intel Graphics Command Center.
  • Select System > Power
  • In On Battery, set Display Power Savings to Off

In case the issue persists, and to have a better understanding of your issue, provide me with the following:

• Record a video showing the issue you experience.
  • Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) report: 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ElvinRn,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ElvinRn,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos