Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20946 Discussions

Space engineers crashes

Ben444333
Novice

A game called Space Engineers crashes with the report of driver crash or GPU overheating

PC specs in Txt file 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for joining the Intel Communities. We understand that you are experiencing crashing issues when playing Space Engineers. But before we provide you with more details, please provide us with the following details:

• What game distribution service did you use to install the game? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
  • Is this the original graphics adapter installed in your system?
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled?

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

Resizable bar is enabled and I use Steam, ARC A750 is the only one in the PC but I have had two others in it, a GTX 950 and a GTX 1060 but I have DDU the drivers so there are no Nvidia drivers on my PC.

It seems to happen when the GPU runs out of its onboard RAM lowering the settings somewhat fixes it but if playing a video on YouTube or something else it might hard crash the PC to the point of having to switch off the power to the PC and then back on.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We want to jump in the thread to check if you have been able to gather the information we requested in our previous file. This information will help us to better assist you.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

Resizable bar is enabled and I use Steam, ARC A750 is the only one in the PC but I have had two others in it, a GTX 950 and a GTX 1060 but I have DDU the drivers so there are no Nvidia drivers on my PC.

It seems to happen when the GPU runs out of its onboard RAM lowering the settings somewhat fixes it but if playing a video on YouTube or something else it might hard crash the PC to the point of having to switch off the power to the PC and then back on.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

okay

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for the information provided.

We would like to inform you that there is a new driver version installed on your system. The latest driver is now version 31.0.101.4826, and you should test the game with the new driver. We understand that you have run the DDU multiple times, but it would be a great idea to run it once more for testing with the new driver.

In your video, you mentioned that the entire recording was about 40 to 50 minutes long. Does that mean that the game crashing occurs after a game session of 50 minutes?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

Yeah, it still crashes with driver V 4826 as said it seems to crash when the GPU's RAM is at 100% and tries to load. I am unsure if I should report it here or at the Space Engineers Bug place as it says driver/GPU overheat like in the video.

also, the 40 to 50 minutes of video is to be playing the game and the arc overlay on so no it's not all that important in my mind

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for the information provided. Allow us some time to check this crashing issue internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

After looking at this issue, we would like to let you know that we ran some tests and could not see the same behavior in this game. We played for 50 minutes, and everything worked just fine. We want to invite the community to share and jump in the thread if they are experiencing the same issue.

Finally, we want to check if this happens in a specific area, and also check the telemetry data to see if the card is overheating, and report back with any findings.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We are checking on your thread to see if you can tell us if the issue is related to a specific area of the game and confirm if the telemetry data reports that the card is overheating. Let us know if you have any findings on this.

We also continue to check if other community users are experiencing this problem. If you are facing a similar issue, feel free to join the conversation.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

The hottest it got was about 45c at 2.4 Ghz although the Ghz jumps about with the latest driver version and when the game crashed this time it sent a report to the devs of the game something it has not done up unit now.

so I would say it is more likely the game that just does not run well on arc after all drivers can only do so much.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We understand that the card did not surpass the 45°C of temperature, so the card is not overheating. Please note that the threshold for Intel Arc A series cards is 90°C. However, do you recall if the issue is present in a specific game location? Or is the crashing issue only related to the amount of time you play? This will help us to replicate your issue more efficiently, in case it is necessary.

Thank you for letting us know that after the latest crash, there was a crash report that has been sent to the Game developer for analysis.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

Going to space from the planet 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is replicated when Going to space from the planet. We will proceed to resume our research on this matter internally, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We are looking to test reproducing the issue once again, but first, we want to be super specific about the zone where this is happening and what needs to be done for the game to crash. Does the crashing issue occur every time you launch from a planet to space, or is it specific to a zone/planet?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

On/around planet Pertam trying to get to space I have a small base on the surface and a large gride spacecraft the one in the video that I was in when my game crashed is a small gride one, also I was somewhat making an underground hanger 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We understand that the issue concerns planet Pertam; however, we would like to ask if you agree to share your game save files to expedite the process and avoid delays trying to reach this exact planet. If you agree, we will send you an email to your account associated email so that you can share the files privately.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

Shore

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We will be contacting you at the email address associated with your email. Once you receive the email, please include a zip file with your game's saved files.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

sent it 

0 Kudos