Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Static noise in thunderbolt 3 display audio

aasho
Novice

I'am using gigabyte gaming 9 motherboard with intel JHL6540 thunderbolt 3 controller.I'am connecting my montior via display port through hp thunderbolt 3 dock.I'am experiencing static noise in display port audio.There is no audio noise when connecting directly to HDMI port of monitor.I have contacted gigabyte and they have informed me about the thunderbolt version and suggested to contact intel for thunderbolt driver or firmware updates.Expecting your support in this matter.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

We were expecting you to provide the OS, and OS version.

Doc

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Windows 10 pro 64 bit with latest updates.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Which version? 1809? You could have all the latest updates for some other version.

Doc

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

It is version 1

809 and my monitor is running at 4096*2160@60 fps resolution.​

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

BTW, the tech at Gigabyte is an absolute idiot and completely incorrect. Your warranty is from Gigabyte. You have no warranty from Intel for any silicon on the motherboard. Gigabyte is solely responsible for supporting you in this matter. You must obtain all driver and firmware updates through Gigabyte. While you might find firmware and drivers on the Intel site, they are not necessarily intended for your specific hardware design and thus may cause additional problems. Gigabyte is attempting to avoid the cost of properly supporting you, which is totally slimy as far as I am concerned. You paid for your motherboard and part of what you paid for is technical support. Make Gigabyte provide the support that you are entitled to! If they won't, then you need to be rethinking whether you should be purchasing motherboards from Gigabyte.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Gigabyte replied that the latest drivers they have are posted in their website which is about 1 year old.They asked me to contact Intel for any recent updates.I'am also running the latest version of Intel HD graphics driver.I'am using onboarding Intel graphics HD 630 for my thunderbolt display.What could be the cause of my issue​.I have heard about same issue for mac thunderbolt 3 displays.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, they have no business telling you to contact Intel. This is their design and their problem. If they need help solving it, they - not you - should be contacting Intel (and they have special paths for doing so). Go back to them and tell them to do their jobs and provide you with the support you are entitled to.

...S​

0 Kudos