Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Sudden FPS drops to 0 in some games (Intel UHD Graphics - i5-1035G1)

flaulhabe
Beginner

Hey,
I've recently bought a Lenovo S145 with I5-1035G1 and Intel UHD Graphics, 8GB RAM. I know it isn't ideal for gaming but I can play, without problem, games like Far Cry 2, Star Wars; The Old Republic, CS:GO and even Warframe.
But when I try to play other games like Valorant, Fortnite, Warzone and Path of Exile, they're presenting huge fps drops out of nowhere (running with 50 FPS or higher and drops to 0 for some seconds) when walking, moving the camera or shooting, and I can't figure out why.
I've checked the CPU temperature and it's okay during the games, and I've updated the Intel drivers as well.
Initially, I was experiencing these huge drops in Warframe, but I was able to solve them changing settings in Intel Graphics Software and setting Directx12 in the game launcher. But this fix doesn't works for the other games mentioned above.

I think it may be some settings problem, since the notebook meets the minimums requirements for all these games and some of them even run in 60 FPS or more, when I'm not moving or shooting, for example.

I've read other similar posts and followed several tutorials on internet, but none of them have solved my problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello flaulhabe, 

Thanks for the information.

I would like to let you know that we have received reports about the FPS drops on Valorant, we have tried to replicate it several times but we have not faced the same issue. Our recommendation for this would be to have the system up to date, run the game in an SSD if possible (it improves the performance), roll back to version 27.20.100.8476. You can check more information on the following link:

- https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233

As per the other games, I would appreciate it if you can send a video of the issue, where we can see the frame drops, and if possible provide the name of the tool that you used to monitor the frames.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello flaulhabe,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Have you tried with Lenovo drivers?

3. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

4. Have you updated the operating system, including optional updates?

5. Have you updated the BIOS?

6. Have you get in contact with Lenovo for instructions?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
flaulhabe
Beginner

1. I'm attaching the information given in Intel SSU (sys_info.txt).

2. Yes, I've tried Lenovo Drivers but that didn't solve my problem.

3. I've recently bought this laptop, so the problem came with it.

4. Yes, I've done all the updates.

5. Yes, the BIOS is up to date.

6. Yes, but they didn't reply me yet.

Particularly, I've realized that in the game Valorant these FPS drops seem to be related with the rendering time. In the statistics of the game, these FPS drops occur at the same time as spikes in "CPU Time". I can play it normally for some time, until I perform a skill or something like that, which generates these FPS drops.

That is why I believe this problem is caused by some error in my graphic drivers, as it doesn't occur in all games and only occur at specific situations, apparently when the game needs to render heavier scenes. I believe this is somehow related to online games as well.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello flaulhabe, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello flaulhabe, 

Thanks for the information.

I would like to let you know that we have received reports about the FPS drops on Valorant, we have tried to replicate it several times but we have not faced the same issue. Our recommendation for this would be to have the system up to date, run the game in an SSD if possible (it improves the performance), roll back to version 27.20.100.8476. You can check more information on the following link:

- https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233

As per the other games, I would appreciate it if you can send a video of the issue, where we can see the frame drops, and if possible provide the name of the tool that you used to monitor the frames.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Ayush05
Novice

I TRIED BUT NOT WORKED FOR ME 😞

0 Kudos
YradamY
Beginner

Hi, I have the same probleme but i can't download the driver because I'm in Windows 11 and the driver it's only for Windows 10

0 Kudos
flaulhabe
Beginner

Hey,

Apparently, downgrading the Intel Driver to the version 27.20.100.8476 has solved the problem of the FPS drops in Valorant. 

I haven't tested other games yet, but if I find other problems, I'll return to this topic. Thanks for the support!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello flaulhabe, 

I am glad to read that the driver version 27.20.100.8476 solved the FPS problems. If you face issues with the other games, I recommend opening a new thread to have better support.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos