Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Supreme Commander 2 graphics issue when running the game on the A770 16GB.

laxesta
New Contributor II

This is an issue raised from another thread from which a moderator suggested to create another thread. This is the original thread where the issue was raised.

Martha Is Dead DX12 RT and XeSS worked initially, but now it doesn't, crashes -message inside-. - Intel Communities

Supreme Commander 2 starts running perfectly fine, but I was testing it and decided to stop the game using Ctrl + Alt + Del and the graphics get totally corrupted once you are out of the game. Once you try to return from the OS to the game, you can only see certain icons, but the content of the main screen is totally gone, you can't see a thing.

AAx8, set to High overall settings, Vsync Off (Vsync is set to On with Intel Arc Control, so I force all games not to go over the native framerate of my monitor, 165Hz),

laxesta_0-1674446132618.png

Since the menu works, you can press Escape and leave the current game and go to the main screen, the game looks as expected then. If you start a new game from there, or load a game, whatever, the game continues showing that issue, it has become a black canvas.

Supreme Commander the original runs fine. It doens't like Vsync off though. If I set Vsync to Off I can't go over 1440p 100Hz -the max framerate of the game no matter what-. If I choose 1440p 120Hz or 1440p 165Hz and Vsync is off ingame, the screen goes completely black, but if Vsync is set to On, any setting you choose works fine.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello laxesta ,  

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics.  

We are sorry to hear you experience problems with Supreme Commander 2 exiting, and system uses Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. We are glad to assist.  

Check any game updates. 

What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/

Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 

If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest

configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

In case you upgraded from different graphics card, follow the website steps to remove any former unnecessary/conflicting driver files  How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an

Intel® Graphics Driver 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html 

Try Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows ((manual step by step

walkthrough click here) or checkmark the box from the downloaded .exe driver installer window

Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4032 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html? )

Please download, run and reply back attaching

the .txt file of the tool Intel® System

Support and a graphics report (For download go the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 ).  

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

Hello @LuisGustav_A_Intel .

To answer your questions....

• Check any game updates. 

The game is fully updated.

• What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

High and Borderless Windowed, but the issue occurs with any other settings like Low and Fullscreen etc.

• What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 

Steam

• If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowestconfiguration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

My computer doesn't have onboard graphics.

• If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

When I had the GTX 1060 3GB and the GTX 1080 I don't remember this issue ever took place.

• What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Launching the game-> Start playing the actual game --> Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del or Alt + Tab (any keyboard combination that takes you to the OS or to another app or whatever) and then returning to the game, the menus UI and UI overlay still works but the ingame graphics become totally dark with either HDR on or off.

Drivers of the GPU are up to date, no issues there. And I also performed a clean installation when I installed them.

Have a nice day, Luis

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello laxesta, 

Thank you for the updated information.

In order to investigate further, may we get the system reports.

Please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support and a graphics report (For download go the links 

·       https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-window... ).  

·       https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

Have a good day too!

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

Good morning @LuisGustav_A_Intel .

SSU file attached below.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello laxesta

Thank you for the update. Let me investigate this problem and as soon as possible I will provide updates.  

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

tried the game with the new update and it's worse now because the game just crashes after I use Ctrl + Alt + Del and try to return to the game, and the behaviour is the same if I use Alt + Tab to switch between programs.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello laxesta

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for the abnormal behavior in that game. Upon investigating, soon there will be a new release of a driver with a bunch of improvements for DX9 titles, please check this website for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecfV17wrjfs (Intel Arc Graphics | Q1’23 Update)

Hoping that your game problems will correct, but if persists reference back this thread.

It was a pleasure to assist you. This thread will no longer be monitored

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos