Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

The Configuration registry database is corrupted

_xReTr0_
Beginner

My Graphics Card which is an Intel UHD 620 was out of date. I tried to reinstall it but there was an error so I uninstalled it. I downloaded the Driver Installer and installed it but it said "The Setup failed to install one or more drivers". I downloaded Driver Easy and downloaded the Driver I needed. I went to Device Manager and went to Add Legacy Hardware and clicked Display Adapters. I clicked Have Disk and put the file location of what I downloaded from Driver Easy. It said that "The Configuration registry database is corrupted". I don't know how to install the driver. Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver tools like driver easy. You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

With Windows Update providing driver updates, and IDSA providing updates, that is all you need.

Now, with all that said, So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
_xReTr0_
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your build of windows 10 needs updating.   Plus, I would convert from legacy bios to UEFI bios.

You can use this driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

If that fails, use the driver provided by your device manufacturer,

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
IDontLikeDrivers
Beginner

Hi I have the same problem and when I used the application when it redirected me to the intel website it said that that website couldn't be reached 

0 Kudos