Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

The following intel i7 8th gen Radeon RX vega M GL GH processor graphics are not supported by DCH whql 25.20.100.6444 and 25.20.100.6448

RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I am its sure  above  two  DCH drivers ar e  not supported  , I  received  errors   from user s from answers.microsoft.com and  user from this  forum .

Afterwards I  started doing research  , I found out   the  following ​

Radeon™ Pro WX Vega M GL Graphics

Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics

Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics 

hardware  device ID s are not  included  in iigd_dch.inf 

The reasonis   radeon RX vega graphics  device id  is  VEN_1002  it  belongs  to  AMD .

Moreover  in below  website link  , https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28404/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

below products are valid is mentioned , in real situation  , its  not  supported .

I am requesting to software developer , please look this  issue , correct  the errors and  include the  hardware  device ids  in iigd_dch.inf

Thanks for reading my post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello RAJU2529 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What is your hardware configuration used on your testing? • What error message are you having? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​Sir , I have the  direct downloading links  of  windows  10  1803  windows  updates  .msu   upto  build no 17134.472 ,

I want to post those links  in this  forum ,  so consult to your  team members  , and give  permission to post .

I am sure , those links  are  very  helpful   for users  not having  constant net connection.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

i am using i5 7200u processor

Intel HD graphics 620 

i have installed driver DCH_WHQL_25.20.100.6471 , no problems

I am esculating this bug /probelms on behalf of other intel users;

but other fellow users having i7 8th gen radeon vera rx graphics card users reported to me .

"your device does not supported" Please contact your computer manufacturer

so i was started searching real solution , then i found that following   

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_694C&SUBSYS_0CF98086&REV_C0

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_694C&SUBSYS_20738086&REV_C0

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_694C&REV_C0

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_694E&SUBSYS_20738086&REV_C0

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_694E&REV_C0

above hardware device id are not included in iigd_dch.inf

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello RAJU2529 Thank you for the information and feedback. Allow me to share with you that Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) has direct access to Intel driver for them to customize their own driver comparable with their systems. The Intel® graphics drivers on our Intel download center are the generic drives for each Intel® graphics controllers these might and might not work on OEM devices. Please share with me by private message the links that you have mentioned above. NOTE: bear in mind that the Radeon™ Vega graphics controller will require the Radeon™ Vega graphics drivers. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

thanks for reply , I agree with some points only,

But "Radeon™ Vega graphics controller" are embedded in the following intel core processors

Intel® Core™ i7-8809G Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-8709G Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-8706G Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor

Intel® Core™ i5-8305G Processor

That means intel should produce DCH based drivers for above processors , till now only beta driver 18.10.2 is compatible , which produced by AMD

here is the link page

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28314/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics?product=80939

Finally if you have any one of the above processors , please try to install this 25.20.10.6444 or 6448 , definitely you will get error

but if you install 18.10.2 , you will not get errors .

Thats my argument sir .

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello RAJU2529 Thank you for the information. The behavior that is being reported is correct, the Installation of the DCh driver will be to the Intel® HD graphics controllers and the Radeon™ Vega drivers are for the Radeon™ Vega controllers. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

"The Installation of the DCh driver will be to the Intel® HD graphics controllers and the Radeon™ Vega drivers are for the Radeon™ Vega controllers"

i agree with your point

But visit belows website ,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28405/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28139/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551

then the why vega rx graphics controllers are supported is listed in "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below"

If its not compatible means , remove the i5 8th andi7 8th radeaon vega graphics controllers from the valid products

Thanking you

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RAJU2529

Thank you for the information.

The processor mentioned above have the Intel® HD graphics portion for which the Intel® DCH drivers can be installed, for the Radeon™ vega portion you have to install the Radeon™ Vega drivers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RAJU2529

See the picture attach as reference.; testing has been done with the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello RAJU2529 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello RAJU2529 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos