Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Trouble finding the V-sync option in Graphics Command Center

MatthewTheFetus
Beginner

So I just downloaded the Intel Graphics Command Center on my laptop (hopefully the laptop isn't the issue here) and I wanted to force V-sync in Dead Space since the game halves my framerate to 30 when I enable the in-game V-sync. This is so easy to do on my desktop since the Nvidia control panel is what I've always used to force V-sync in my games.

I've got an HP 640 G2 laptop with Intel HD graphics 520 (6th gen i5), sure It's not the most powerful thing for gaming but Dead Space easily hits 60fps at high settings @ 1366x768. Thing is, from what I've found online there should be a games tab in the command center where I can enable V-sync yet I can't seem to find this tab anywhere on the app, and I've checked that I have the latest version of the driver and the app. Is there any way I can force V-sync in Dead Space? It's got quite a lot of screen tearing even when capping the fps to 60 in RTSS.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated here homies

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello MatthewTheFetus,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel Graphics Command Center. I'll be glad to assist you with that.

In order to better assist you and research more about this, please perform the following steps:

• Perform a clean installation of the latest DCH graphics drivers 31.0.101.3790/31.0.101.2114 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html)
  • Make sure Windows is updated to the latest version.
  • Provide a screenshot of the Intel Graphics Command Center interface, just as a reference.
  • On Windows, look for the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Go to Support > Click on System Diagnostic > Click on Generate report > Save the report as a .txt file and attach it to your reply.

Lastly, after performing all the steps above, download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Clean installation Instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello MatthewTheFetus,

The latest version of Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) that was pushed to the Microsoft Store is indeed IGCC lite. This means that all game-related features have been removed and the display features remain.

Gaming related features have been moved from Intel® Graphics Command Center to our newest gamer focused user interface, Intel® Arc Control. We recommend that users who meet the minimum requirements for Arc Control install the application to tweak their gaming features, settings and for screen/game capture related features. Intel® Arc Control is bundled with our latest graphics software packages on Intel.com.

Feel free to check the system minimum requirements and steps to install Intel® Arc Control here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000089899/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-grap...

Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos