Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD 630 driver for i7-8700K

CHall8
Beginner

The i7-8700K is not on the list of devices supported by the latest DCH 25.20.100.6444 driver for UHD 630 -- as of 19-Dec-2018.

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant will not update me from the currently installed 24.20.100.6291.

Is this a bug in the compatibility list ? Or do I have to wait for a release which does support i7-8700K ?

[Edited to correct to i7-8700K (not 'X').]

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​try  this  intel graphics non DCH   WHQL driver  25.20.100.6373  , but its not  in intel website , it was removed .

below is the direct downloadlink

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.exe

0 Kudos
CHall8
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I confess to being worried about using a driver which Intel appear to have withdrawn.

I worry that there is something funky about the i7-8700K which means that support for it will lag behind. Either that, or Intel are not 100% competent. Neither inspires confidence 😞

The switch to DCH is obviously very recent. On balance I think I will sit this one out and come back in a few months to see how things have progressed.

FWIW, Windows 10 regularly gives me a Notification that the Optimal Resolution for my display is 5120 x 2880 (igfxEM Module). The display is set to the recommended 3840 x 2160 and I cannot find a setting which allows for 5120 x 2880. I have no idea if a new driver will fix that... but I thought it was worth a try.

Thanks,

Chris

[Edited to correct to i7-8700K (not 'X').]

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CHall8, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. Could you please confirm your Intel® Processor number? I would like to add that Windows* DCH drivers are supported by 8th Generation Intel® Core processors, related Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors, and Intel® Xeon processors, with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655 and Intel® UHD Graphics 610, 620, 630, P630. Please check these recommendations when upgrading the Graphics driver from Legacy to Windows* DHC drivers: 1. Check Windows* updates – scan and apply all of them. 2. Make sure you are running the latest Windows* 10 build (If possible RS5). 3. Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions about Windows* DCH Drivers for Intel® Graphics. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CHall8
Beginner

Wanner,

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tells me:

• Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU Processor Id: BFEBFBFF000906EA

• Windows 10 Version: 1809, Build: 10.0.17763, Build Branch: rs5_release

• Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Driver Version:24.20.100.6291, Driver Date:8/27/2018 Status:This device is working properly.

So, that's 'i7-8700K' not 'X', sorry. [I have corrected earlier messages.]

I believe I am fully up to date Windows-wise.

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant also tells me:

• Your Intel® software is up to date.

FWIW the Device Id for the graphics is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3E92&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&10

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

thanks for sharing hardware device ID , I am 100 % sure your graphics device is fully compatible with standard WHQL drivers and with DCH WHQL drivers

I have already with hardware device ID , dont worry try to install

standard drivers

DCH drivers

25.20.100.6444 stable

25.20.100.6448 Beta

0 Kudos
CHall8
Beginner

Thank you for that.

However, I have just checked with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, and version 24.20.100.6291 remains the recommended graphics driver for i7-8700K. (The "Assistant" updated itself, but it hasn't changed its mind about the graphics driver.

Am I filled with confidence ? Not so much 😞

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CHall8, Since you are having Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) issues, make sure you are running the latest version available. Please follow these steps: 1. Run the IDSA Uninstaller: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t 2. Restart and run the latest IDSA tool version: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?v=t 3. If the issue persists, run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. keep in mind that Windows* DCH drivers are usually updated via Windows* updates. We recommending checking Windows* updates, scan and apply all of them. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CHall8
Beginner

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Driver & Support Assistant -- starting and ending with v19.1.4.5. It made no difference.

I installed and ran ssu.exe and I enclose the result.

FWIW, I note that the page <https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939> gives a list of supported CPUs, and the 'i7-8700K' is *not* on that list. (But 'Intel® HD Graphics 630' is on the list.)

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CHall8, Thank you for your response. This could actually be an Intel® DSA issue as you were pointing out at the beginning. Since you are running this tool in a PRIME Z370-A motherboard, we recommend uninstalling the tool and use the drivers provided by your motherboard manufacturer. Product Support for PRIME Z370-A VGA Version 25.20.100.6471 https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/HelpDesk_Download/ Also, you may install the Intel driver following these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver. 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet to prevent Windows* Updates from installing any other driver. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Make sure the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is listed under Windows* Device Manager > Video adapters. If not, repeat steps 2 to 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’, and no other Intel® Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows* has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Enable your Internet connection. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided. If you would like to help Intel improve this tool, please let us know. We would like to have log files to continue working on this issue. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CHall8, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CHall8
Beginner

OK, I can update from the ASUS site.

I prefer using drivers from the device manufacturer or generic drivers for well-known devices, exactly to avoid any motherboard manufacturer "titivation". Only rarely do I find that the motherboad manufacturer has actually added value. Mostly I find that for long term support I am better off without any motherboard customization.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos