Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Unable To Enable Core Isolation Due To Incompatible Driver igdkmd64

Beelzebub
Beginner

I am running Windows 11 Insider Preview.  On 5/5/2022 There was this update:

Windows 11 Insider Preview 22610.1 (ni_release)
in order to install said update i had to disable the core isolation feature. After install process finished i doublechecked that it was reinitialized, and I was unable to reinitialize the feature.

At around 4pm CST 5/6/2022 there was this update:

Windows 11 Insider Preview 22616.1 (ni_release)

After the installation process was completed i again tried to reinitialize the core isolation feature without success with the same error that my igdkmd64.sys file was incompatible.

(I do not use windows integrated graphics i use a NVidia GTX 1660 and all drivers are current as of 5pm CST today 5/5/5022)

I tracked down the file in my system and at first i was a bit confused as i could not find it anywhere in the Windows System32 folder like it didn't exist on my PC. After a bit of digging i finally found the said driver file and was a bit confused as to why it was giving me issues as it is in the windows.old Folder

Beelzebub_0-1651875807755.png

I am not sure if i can delete the windows old folder and not have an impact on my system as i do not run windows 10 i am running windows 11. Since there is no igdkmd64.sys file in the windows/system32/drivers location as shown in the screenshot.

Beelzebub_1-1651876020198.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Beelzebub,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos