Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Unplayable : Persona 4 Golden on Intel Iris Xe graphics

sbnes
Novice

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

  

Persona 4 Golden(Steam ver.) shows abrupt glitches : screen flickering, glitchy text and some graphical ui elements. The game is unplayable, though the sound works perfectly fine.

I have contacted Sega customer support in regards to this issue as well.

1 Solution
Gabriela_Intel

Hey everyone! 30.0.100.9805 is now available in the Download Center.

Note: We just released the driver but the release date is showing up incorrectly in the Download Center. We're looking into this now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
108 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello sbnes, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. What are the settings that you are using for playing this game? Can you provide a screenshot? 

4. Did this game use to work before? If yes, did you make any changes before this problem started?

5. If possible, provide a video of the glitches that you report.

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
sbnes
Novice

1 and 2 :- I have attached the report(gen.txt is the report from intel ssu and the latter txt file is from the command center).

3 :- uhhhhhhh....... see Screenshot.png.

4 :- On older hardware, specifically intel i7-7500u, igpu. On my new laptop, it doesn't work with iris xe drivers from the start. When I uninstalled the driver and ran it on microsoft basic display adapter, it worked, but without drivers, it ran at low framerates.

5:- There are two videos I have attached.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello sbnes,  

Thank you for your reply. 

I can see that this game appears to be a little legacy, some of the oldest titles have compatibility issues, for instance, this game requires DirectX Version 11, Windows 10 uses DirectX 12 https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113000/Persona_4_Golden/  

We have used in some of this type of scenarios the following troubleshooting steps and has worked successfully with other games: 

Run the game as Administrator: 

1. Right-click the game executable file. 
  2. Click Run as Administrator. 
  3. When prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) click Yes. 

Run the game in Compatibility mode: 

1. Right-click the game executable file. 
  2. Click Properties
  3. Click the Compatibility tab. 
  4. Enable the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: 
  5. Select the compatible Operating System from the drop-down menu. 
  6. Click Apply

Use different Compatibility settings: 

1. Right-click the game executable file. 
  2. Click  Properties
  3. Click the Compatibility tab and enable any of these options (one at a time): 
  • Reduce color mode 
    • Run in 640x480 screen resolution 
    • Disable display scaling on high DPI settings 
    • Run this program as an administrator 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.    

0 Kudos
sbnes
Novice

I tried the compatibility methods one by one, but sadly, none of them worked. Awaiting for your response. Also, currently I'm using the latest DHC drivers from January.

0 Kudos
Fortune515
Novice

Hello. Wanted to add to this thread that I purchased a new laptop running Intel Iris Xe graphics and the behavior of my machine is exactly the same as the screenshot pictured above in this thread. 

xSoup
New Contributor I

I have exactly the same issue as the thread starter. Really weird.

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello sbnes,   

Thanks for the update. 

We will try to replicate this behavior internally, please kindly wait for an update. Once we have more information to share, we will post it on this thread.   

Regards,   

Sebastian M    

Amnora
Novice

It seems that I also encounter the exact same problem. I did all the tests that was suggested to do and I also use Intel Iris Xe graphics, so the problem probably comes from it.

Amnora
Novice

Hello. Just wanted to know if there is a solution. It's been at least a month that some are waiting for this solution. 

Dkort
Novice

I have also been waiting for a solution to this issue, will there be any updates on the matter soon?

0 Kudos
rivv33
Novice
I have the exact same problem when launching the game. The game ran just fine in an uhd intel graphics card but not on the newest integrated card lol
skippy
Beginner

same problem here; also tried everything suggested but nothing seemed to work

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello community, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. 

We have been trying to replicate this internally with some systems; however, we have had no problems on our end. 

We will highly appreciate if @sbnes or any other member with a similar system configuration (I.e. 11th gen CPU, OS Build 19042, graphics driver .9126) can share a detailed step-by-step of how to reproduce this behavior? If possible, a video of the steps taken to follow the same path would be great. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
Dkort
Novice

I am not sure exactly on how you could reproduce this behavior, as for me it occurs directly after downloading it and starting it up from steam. Here is a video of me starting the game up

xSoup
New Contributor I

Hi thanks for the update,

I have attached a video to this message. I'm not a doctor or anything but there is a LOT of flashing images so don't watch this if you have a medical condition that makes you vulnerable to those.

A scan of my system can be found here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Persona-4-Golden-Steam-serious-graphical-issues/m-p/1252936#M94064

As I have already said, the issue happens immediately after launching the game from steam. I have looked elsewhere on the internet and other people are getting the exact same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/persona4golden/comments/kqbqux/insane_graphical_glitch_persona_4_golden_pc/

This seems to be happening to literally everyone who is trying to play persona 4 golden...apart from the  folks at intel.

0 Kudos
xSoup
New Contributor I

Hey, has there been any updates on this matter?

Dalla00
Novice

Hi there everyone,

I've had the same exact problem on Persona 4 Golden, tried running it on Iris Xe graphics, driver version .9313, but didn't work either. I cannot run the game anymore from steam, since I've just got refunded, but I'm still looking forward to hearing from the customer support.

Thank you for any updates on the matter, I'll be waiting.

xSoup
New Contributor I

Hi,

Can you at least confirm this issue is being looked into? It's been almost a month since your last communication.

Kind regards

ferz25
Novice
Anonymous
Not applicable
No. We recently got an update that the patch should be finished in approximately two weeks, give or take. It could take longer, and it could take shorter, but the effort has not been abandoned
0 Kudos