Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Updating XE Drivers

Len99
Beginner

I have the Intel Driver Support Assistant installed. When I'm advised of a driver update I use the assistant to download and install. Every time I've done this the update fails and I'm then invited to install via a reboot - this normally works.

However, once the driver is installed it removes/corrupts my Realtek sound drivers and I get a message saying 'no playback devices'. I then need to re-install Realtek. 

Am I doing something wrong, is there a setting I need to change, or is it a bug?

I'm using Windows 10 pro which is up-to-date.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Len99
Beginner

Thanks for your speedy response. SSU text file attached.

Len

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Len99

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. From the report provided we noticed the following:

You can find steps for the manual installation in our article:

If the issue persists, please try a different driver from the same download website and let us know.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,

David G.  

0 Kudos
Len99
Beginner

Hi David,

I checked out the BIOS using Asus EZ Update. It shows I have v0707 and says there is no update.

I followed the manual driver update route and this seems more robust, Additionally, I'm hoping it's also solved my other issue and stopped Windows Update over-writing with an out-of-date version.

Many thanks,

Len

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped, hopefully it will help other community members. As per OEM website, the latest BIOS is 1007

You can confirm with Asus which one is recommended. To stop the automatic driver (Windows*) updates you can check with Microsoft directly. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos