Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

JensA
Novice

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
128 Replies
Utzav
New Contributor I

Hello @RonaldM_Intel, ,

Yes!!!! As told by @i5_1035G1_Sat24 there is  lag as hell outside practice mode(Unrated,Compi,Spike Rush,Deathmatch and Customs.)

it would be great if u find the problem soon.

Regards,

Utzav

0 Kudos
JensA
Novice
Hello RonaldM,

Unfortunately, the issue persists in both practice mode and any other mode.

However, it may be worth noting that the issue is far more pronounced in unrated, death match (or any other mode with other players).
I assume the issue has to do with rendering multiple moving entities; in this case being the players.

As evident in the videos I uploaded; I freeze only when switching weapons, moving a significant distance, or shooting.
I can maintain a good frame rate while standing still. This is only in practice mode, however.

In multiplayer games, once loaded, I'm given almost no time to control my character due to freezing.

Thank you for your continued efforts.

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

In my case the lag in practice mode is not as severe as Other modes (Deathmatch, spike rush, competitive, unrated.) But there is minor lags in practice mode also.

Also a important point = 

When I start the game and get into a new match (anyone of the following: Deathmatch, spike rush, competitive, unrated.) , the lag is to severe in starting but as I spent time in the same match the lags and freezes are reduced but still they are there. Basically, As i spend time in the match the lag reduces gradually. But As we enter a new match the lag and freezes get severe as before then they gradually reduces over time. 

0 Kudos
JensA
Novice
To add to this:
In practice mode, once I use (shoot, reload, aim) one specific weapon for an extended period of time, the frequency of freezing while using that weapon lessens significantly.
This may(?) be due to the weapon entity having been fully loaded.
Switching to a different weapon resets the frequency of the issue occurring, immediately intensifying the freezing again.

I cannot comment on multiplayer gameplay since I haven't tested a full game longer than 2 minutes with the incompatible drivers.
0 Kudos
Faddy
Beginner

Hi JensA,

I've been wondering if you found a solution to this problem?

I have been trying everything even downgrading my drivers to the 8476 version but I lag constantly for at least 3 rounds.(Valorant)

6 months have passed by and im wondering  if u found a fix for this specific problem?

0 Kudos
ShivamYT
Novice

bro same i also wanna play valorant

i am trying since a year 😢

pls help if someone find its solution

0 Kudos
PH4NTOMxx
Novice

I'm also facing the same problem like them. The game starts lagging in other modes except practise mode.

My configuration -
Processor : Intel i5-8250U CPU
Ram ; 2*4 GB
Intel UHD 620.

0 Kudos
JensA
Novice
I have the same exact specs as far as processor and ram.

Dual channel 4 sticks + i5 8250u laptop processor.

I wonder if there are any test machines with the same hardware?
0 Kudos
Utzav
New Contributor I
I also have the same specs but with 6GB DDR4 RAM.
They Should test with
I5-8250U
At least 6GB DDR4
And with HDD(not with SSD)
0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Maybe Intel Staff Should match the Windows Build versions in which we are facing problems.

Although I have Rolled back until a Fix comes.

Any progress or information ? @RonaldM_Intel 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone,

To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been any substantial progress yet, our debug team is still struggling to reproduce the issue.

I know they have tried with different OS builds (19H1 and 2004) to no avail.

As soon as I have more news I'll post them here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

Hello, I have seem to find a fix for this issue. On newer drivers, valorant seems to be heavily using the page file despite having lots of free ram.(12gb) . That explains why harddrive usage is always at 100% during play. Disabling page file fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Disabling the Page file on my 8GB RAM PC and updating again to latest stable drivers that is 27.20.100.9466, did not solve the issue and introduced me to a whole new problem, Driver crashing !

When I open my game and I get into lobby it is good then when I enter a normal match the error of Graphics driver crashing comes up. Even after rolling back the driver the error still came. Only after I re-enabled Pagefile also rolling back the driver, I was able to enter the match and play smoothly. So, this fix which is disabling pagefile maybe a solution for those who have 16GB or more of RAM. 

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

My graphics driver crashed today while playing comp 😕 this could be because I was running valorant for a hour and i had some cpu problems (CPU is i3 8130U)

0 Kudos
Avialgamer
Beginner

Hi Ronald I am facing the same issue but on intel 620. And the lag is most notable once you play a real match and get shot especially in the head. And I get these stutters on the latest version (27.20.100.8935). I also tried to reinstall the game and my settings are the lowest with nothing special(all low and all off).

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

No, lag is present in all modes, its just that there is less lag in practice mode due to less stuff to render. In a normal match however it is a lot worse. Game is unplayable until halfway through the game. It only happens to people with harddrives. My friend with a ssd with identical specs has no issue. I can confirm that whenever the lag happens, my cpu, gpu usage goes below 10% and my hard drive is at 100% for 5 seconds before coming back down. I have a fresh install of windows 20H2, and the latest driver. I have also tried 1909,1709,2004 and the beta driver. I have an i3-7100u with 12gb ram . Am currently using a non dch driver.

0 Kudos
asaplilo
Beginner

Yes we do see the lag/stutter out side of practice mode (i am on the latest update). For me on the latest 30.0.100.9864 update the game is constantly stuck on 1 fps which is unplayable. Everything else on my laptop is fine

0 Kudos
arnavm
Novice

@RonaldM_Intel the lag is less in practice mode and very much in unrated 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Intel is aware of multiple reports of this bug with the game Valorant and our latest drivers and is investigating this issue. There are other community threads open as well but it would be best and easier to track the bug in this one.

As soon as there is an update I will post it here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

arnavm
Novice

getting same issue on windows 11 intel iris 11th gen

0 Kudos
Abhijeet_980
Beginner
I am also facing the same issue with intel iris xe.
0 Kudos