Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

Hello @RonaldM_Intel, ,

Yes!!!! As told by @i5_1035G1_Sat24 there is  lag as hell outside practice mode(Unrated,Compi,Spike Rush,Deathmatch and Customs.)

it would be great if u find the problem soon.

Regards,

Utzav

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello RonaldM,

Unfortunately, the issue persists in both practice mode and any other mode.

However, it may be worth noting that the issue is far more pronounced in unrated, death match (or any other mode with other players).
I assume the issue has to do with rendering multiple moving entities; in this case being the players.

As evident in the videos I uploaded; I freeze only when switching weapons, moving a significant distance, or shooting.
I can maintain a good frame rate while standing still. This is only in practice mode, however.

In multiplayer games, once loaded, I'm given almost no time to control my character due to freezing.

Thank you for your continued efforts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

In my case the lag in practice mode is not as severe as Other modes (Deathmatch, spike rush, competitive, unrated.) But there is minor lags in practice mode also.

Also a important point = 

When I start the game and get into a new match (anyone of the following: Deathmatch, spike rush, competitive, unrated.) , the lag is to severe in starting but as I spent time in the same match the lags and freezes are reduced but still they are there. Basically, As i spend time in the match the lag reduces gradually. But As we enter a new match the lag and freezes get severe as before then they gradually reduces over time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

To add to this:
In practice mode, once I use (shoot, reload, aim) one specific weapon for an extended period of time, the frequency of freezing while using that weapon lessens significantly.
This may(?) be due to the weapon entity having been fully loaded.
Switching to a different weapon resets the frequency of the issue occurring, immediately intensifying the freezing again.

I cannot comment on multiplayer gameplay since I haven't tested a full game longer than 2 minutes with the incompatible drivers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm also facing the same problem like them. The game starts lagging in other modes except practise mode.

My configuration -
Processor : Intel i5-8250U CPU
Ram ; 2*4 GB
Intel UHD 620.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have the same exact specs as far as processor and ram.

Dual channel 4 sticks + i5 8250u laptop processor.

I wonder if there are any test machines with the same hardware?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I also have the same specs but with 6GB DDR4 RAM.
They Should test with
I5-8250U
At least 6GB DDR4
And with HDD(not with SSD)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Maybe Intel Staff Should match the Windows Build versions in which we are facing problems.

Although I have Rolled back until a Fix comes.

Any progress or information ? @RonaldM_Intel 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi everyone,

To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been any substantial progress yet, our debug team is still struggling to reproduce the issue.

I know they have tried with different OS builds (19H1 and 2004) to no avail.

As soon as I have more news I'll post them here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi everyone, I have the same problem as everyone and was using version 8476 to try some gaming experience. Yesterday I decided to install the 8190 version and had a much better experience with less fps drops, deathmatch matches were much more fluid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey everyone, hello

There is new update for Graphics , named 27.20.100.8935 (Released Nov 6 2020)

Can someone check this update, does the problem still persists ?

I have deleted Valorant as of now becuase of frustration.

Please check and update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello everyone,
The thing is that i deleted 'Valorant' and didnt played it for like 2 weeks.
Yesterday, i upgraded my disk driver from HDD to SSD and installed game 'Valorant'. And there was not a single lag in it. All the game modes From Practice range to other ranked games,the game performed pretty well and no single fps drop amd shutters.
And the intel graphics driver i automatically got from the windows update was (27.20.100.8681) and played in it.
Now, I would like to say that the problem probably exists to people who have HDD and the game cant probably handle or porcesses slow in it from the driver version above 8476.
Thats All to say.
Highlighted

You reinstalled OS ? OR you just deleted Valorant in HDD and then you cloned your whole System to SSD and then Installed Valorant and played it on Driver 27.20.100.8681 with no lags ?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I installed whole new OS with new lisence key and installed valorant on SSD. (I dint put any of my previous files on it)
And yes i got the the 8681 version when the whole OS was updating and didnt move forward to update the driver.😂
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, I did the update of the version of November 6 and the problem persists, but it seems persists in who has the valorant installed on hdd that is my case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your input, Please don't forget to include the SSU.txt report when posting in this thread, we need the full report! As you know reproducing this issue has been challenging for us and we need as much info as possible to determine where the results disparity is coming from (HDD vs SSD is a good start though!)

I haven't checked with our debug team if they used HDD or SSD but I'm pretty sure they probably used an SSD.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

Highlighted
Novice

That is very interesting if the speed of the disk was the issue (as opposed to getting a new disk), but I am curious as to how a single update to the graphics drivers could cause such a drastic shift in performance.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, exactly @JensA , why will we have problem only after some specific driver updates ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I dont know whether it only the problem of HDD or something like that 

but in my case, when i had HDD game lagged a lot as like unplayable but after the SSD installation, the lag literally gone for literally all the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

My case is as follow, 

Whenever I play valorant on 26.20.100.8141 on UHD G1 it gives me 70 or 80 FPS in highest settings (all high but Vsync, vignette, Anti-aliasing, Distortion and all that stuff to "off").

But the problem is whenever I update to latest drivers (any drivers) , it freezes frequently (same settings) but the game reaches 70-80 FPS but freezes are too constant (like Once in 3-5 Seconds and stays for about 5-6 Seconds) so no point of such FPS.

Both scenes are on same system with HDD but with different Driver version.

As with your case @Utzav , the problem might have gone because of fresh Installation of OS.

This cannot be problem of HDD or SSD, its surely problem of Driver, game, Windows.

0 Kudos