Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Valorant Lag on Intel i3-8100T (Intel UHD Graphics 630)

SynOFCL
Beginner

Hi there, I was curious as to if anyone else was having issue with the 8th Generation Intel i3s or anyone with the UHD 630 graphics is having issues with graphics in Valorant. Specifically, when a new texture loads or unloads, the game seems to freeze until that texture is undone and eventually, doesn't do it until a new texture must load.

This has hindered me from heading into Spike Rush, Unrated, etc. I was wondering if this could possibly be a hardware or software issue as I have updated to the most recent drivers. My setup is as follows per Intel Driver & Support Assistant:
-HP Prodesk 600 G4 DM (Intel Core i3 8100T 3.1GHz & Intel UHD Graphics 630, 12 GB DDR4)

Any help is appreciated, thanks

-Syn.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @SynOFCL

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are aware of some issues with Valorant* on Driver version 27.20.100.8587 or higher.

Have you tried a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 testing with the latest Intel® UHD Graphics 630 driver, version: 27.20.100.9126?

Also, please make sure that you have the recommended game settings for Valorant* based on your Intel® Core™ i3-8100T Processor.

If the issue persists, as a temporary workaround, and for testing purposes try rolling back to driver 27.20.100.8476 and let us know if the issue is solved.

If the behaviors persist, please review the following information and provide us with more details:

1- We have similar issues already reported and under investigation. Check the following link and community thread and let us know if those are related to your behavior:

2- If your issues are very different from the ones described in the previous links, please provide:

2.1- A short video showing the behaviors and provide step-by-step instructions for replication purposes.

2.2- Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about your system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SynOFCL
Beginner

Hi there Andrew, I tried rolling back to the 27.20.100.8476 driver and it seemed to fix most of the problems I'm having with the game.

The issues I were having including texture loading issues when it came to new weapons and characters loading and unloading. I am providing a video loading into a game and testing multiple texture trails and changes loading with the most recent 27.20.100.9126 and the roll back version 27.20.100.8476.

27.20.100.9126 Driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdl0fcilYK0&feature=youtu.be
27.20.100.8476 Driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBM9O11b_l8&feature=youtu.be

I have also attach an Intel SSU File in case you want to go ahead and take a look at it. 

Thanks,

-Syn.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SynOFCL

Thank you for your response and for the videos showing the behavior.

We are currently testing this in our lab. As soon as we have more details available, we will be posting back in the thread.

In the meantime, could you please confirm the type of disk where the game is installed? Is it a mechanical drive (HDD) or an SSD or M.2 drive?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
SynOFCL
Beginner

Hi there Andrew,

The game is currently installed on a 500GB WD HDD. It's installed alongside all of my other applications. 

-Syn.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SynOFCL

Thank you for confirming this information. We are still working on our lab testing this behavior. As soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @SynOFCL

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in our multiple tests using different hardware. For instance, in one of our latest tests, we used:

• Intel® NUC Mini PC NUC7i5DNKPC equipped with Intel® SSD M.2 PCIe Model SSDPEKKR256G8
  • Intel® HD Graphics 630 and driver 27.20.100.9126
  • Windows® 10 Pro 20H2
  • Game Valorant*
  • Wired Ethernet connection

Here is a YouTube* link showing the result of this specific test: Test Valorant* Intel® HD Graphics 630 driver 27.20.100.9126*

For now, our recommendation for you is to file a bug report with the game developer as some users have pointed out their experience varies with the graphics driver but also if the game is installed on SSD or mechanical hard drive.

Please also refer to this community thread where we are tracking issues with Valorant:  Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. Thank you for understanding and for your efforts.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos