Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21219 Discussions

Washed out or faded Colours Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics on MSI Laptop

Plsnomorefaded
Beginner

Hello All,

Please, I need help. ❤️

Laptop: MSI Raider GE76 12UGS-016NL

My monitor has been faded since I bought this laptop late 2022. Only now I realized that the screen isn't bad, but it's something between Intel, Nvidia and the black hole of settings/drivers/smoke show or rain dance inside it. Underpants gnomes????

I followed some of the suggestions in other posts, I have disabled Nvidia and it's faded, disable Intel and it's just as if I'm looking out of a window. I'm kind of angry bc here I was fighting with settings for over a year to try to fix this... 

I used MSI's guide by clean uninstall Intel and Nvidia's drivers and then re-installing but it did not work. It was beautiful without the intel drive. Until it wasn't bc it installed.

I wish I could just disable Intel but I don't know why, but the video processing becomes impossible. Slower than my old Penthium III.

I also made some reports which I saw were requested in other posts. They should be here. 

Thank you for any help. This past year has been disheartning bc I barely played. Every time I opened this thing it just looked wrong. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Plsnomorefaded
Beginner

It worked! Thank you!

Now, what's my take from this experience...

First, read stuff. I found a fix on the MSI website and I also had found the one suggested. I ignored the HPL fix because I didn't read all of it (just looked at the pictures) and decided it was the same as MSI's.... yeah, I know... 

In my non IT but not absolute noob in these matters here are my observations:

The MSI fix tells you to unistall both Nvidia and Intel drivers and then install them from the source. It doesn't mention True Color.

When I did the MSI fix, it didn't matter the order of which driver I uninstalled and re-installed, it always broke and went pale when I added the Intel drivers.

First fix was done on Windows fresh from the MSI original image of Windows.

Second fix done in a reset with clean install of Windows done by Windows itself.

All failed.

Performed the HPL fix on a fresh Windows install but had to dowload True Color from MSI site.

My conclusion:

Stock True Color is incompatible with stock MSI Intel drivers and Intel website drivers. Downloaded True Color works only with Windows update Intel drivers. 

Nvidia's chill and works no matter where you get it from, even from a fresh Windows install.

These conclusions can be completely broken bc also in the back of my mind it keeps playing: "Aren't they all from the exact same source? Aren't they all the same? WTF? Why?"

Alas, this is what helped. Which is why I refer to this as a black hole, hocus pocus, underpants gnomes with step 3 being, buy a new laptop/monitor/screen bc this one is broken! Repeat ad nauseum.

Most importantly, thank you MUC! ❤️

*will return if problem returns. Foreshadowing, maybe??? *insert Twilight Zone theme*

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Have you tried this guide yet?

How to fix a washed out screen on an MSI laptop

Plsnomorefaded
Beginner

It worked! Thank you!

Now, what's my take from this experience...

First, read stuff. I found a fix on the MSI website and I also had found the one suggested. I ignored the HPL fix because I didn't read all of it (just looked at the pictures) and decided it was the same as MSI's.... yeah, I know... 

In my non IT but not absolute noob in these matters here are my observations:

The MSI fix tells you to unistall both Nvidia and Intel drivers and then install them from the source. It doesn't mention True Color.

When I did the MSI fix, it didn't matter the order of which driver I uninstalled and re-installed, it always broke and went pale when I added the Intel drivers.

First fix was done on Windows fresh from the MSI original image of Windows.

Second fix done in a reset with clean install of Windows done by Windows itself.

All failed.

Performed the HPL fix on a fresh Windows install but had to dowload True Color from MSI site.

My conclusion:

Stock True Color is incompatible with stock MSI Intel drivers and Intel website drivers. Downloaded True Color works only with Windows update Intel drivers. 

Nvidia's chill and works no matter where you get it from, even from a fresh Windows install.

These conclusions can be completely broken bc also in the back of my mind it keeps playing: "Aren't they all from the exact same source? Aren't they all the same? WTF? Why?"

Alas, this is what helped. Which is why I refer to this as a black hole, hocus pocus, underpants gnomes with step 3 being, buy a new laptop/monitor/screen bc this one is broken! Repeat ad nauseum.

Most importantly, thank you MUC! ❤️

*will return if problem returns. Foreshadowing, maybe??? *insert Twilight Zone theme*

0 Kudos