Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

What is causing this error and how do I fix it?

BDraw
Novice

I'm getting this issue in the reliability report and everything is up to date. Not sure what to do here.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070057: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: StoreAgentInstallFailure1

ClientAppId: Acquisition;DSIC

HResult: 80070057

OSVersion: 17763

OSRevision: 194

DeviceClass: Windows.Desktop

ProductHash: M

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

48 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. This error can be caused by Windows* updates, driver or software installation. When did you start receiving this error? Did you install any software recently? In order to take a look at your system configuration, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BDraw
Novice

I ran it and submitted it. Posted below.

Ben

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

which application you trying to install

0 Kudos
BDraw
Novice

Nothing really. Just windows updates and none of those have failed that I can see.

0 Kudos
BDraw
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, To address this issue, follow these steps: 1. Check Windows* updates – scan and apply all of them. 2. Reinstall the driver (Version: 25.20.100.6444) 3. You can also try installing the latest graphics driver version 25.20.100.6448. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28405/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88359 Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BDraw
Novice

Do I need to uninstall the old driver before I install the new one?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, There is no need to uninstall the old driver version. Use only the Installer (.exe) available at the Download Center. It is worth noting that you can also check your system manufacturer's support website in case new drivers are available. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, Was the driver installation successful? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BDraw
Novice

I ended up reinstalling my windows and yes I also installed the latest drivers. Same issue.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070057: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP.

JGRAZ
Beginner

Hi dtto,

I ended up reinstalling my windows and yes I also installed the latest drivers. Same issue.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070057: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP.

Every day (30) 3x error :s :s :s

0 Kudos
HKlum
Valued Contributor I

Bump. Same problem. Fix this Intel, or tell MS to block this update. EVERYONE with the new driver has this issue.

Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HKlum, Thank you for your feedback. In order to address this issue, we would like to gather more information: 1. What is the graphics driver version you are running? 2. Are you able to attach a screenshot of the error you are receiving? 3. Is Windows* up to date? 4. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, Try performing a clean boot to determine if an application is causing this issue. How to perform a clean boot in Windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, If you are still experiencing the issue reported on this thread, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BDraw
Novice

Nothing has worked my man. Wish it did.

Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, In order to address this issue properly, we will attempt to replicate it in our lab. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update about it. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello BDraw, We were unable to get the error reported: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070057: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP. In this scenario, please try these steps and let us know if the issue persists. If you get the error message again, please attach a screenshot. 1. Download the latest DCH driver. 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet to prevent Windows* Updates from installing any other driver. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Make sure the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is listed under Windows* Device Manager > Video adapters. If not, repeat steps 2 to 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’, and no other Intel® Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows* has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Enable your Internet connection. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HKlum
Valued Contributor I

@WannerG_Intel​ Please stop this nonsense "we have no idea what youre talking about, we cant see this issue". Maybe just lets see what Google says about this...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

Hm... countless reports by countless random people having the same issue, asking on the Lenovo forums, on the MS forums, all over random forums for help...

Maybe someone at Intel phone someone at Microsoft asking why this update is offered obviously for no reason and it failing to install!?

It seems to be some bogus OEM package (old media SDK from old drivers) to be offered to OEM Laptops.

rockstarrocks
Novice

Exactly! Both Intel and MS are just diverting to each other. I have had this problem for months.

0 Kudos