Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

What is the max refresh frequency for the DisplayPort on intel hd graphics 4600 desktop for a 5k monitor and can that graphics card support colours higher than TrueColour 32?

TNguy211
Beginner

Hi,

I recently purchased an LG monitor 34WK95U-W and have updated the bios of my computer (mother board ASUS z97-A) so i can use the intel hd graphics 4600 that came with the motherboard.

I connect the monitor using the display port cable supplied to the motherboard, however can only obtain 30hz at 5120x2160.

Question 1: Is there a way i can have it connect at 5120x2160 & 60hz which is the capacity of the monitor?

I do see that there is an option to connect at 3840x2160 at 60hz.

However, for all profiles, i see that only TrueColour 32 bit is available.

Question 2: Is there way to get higher colour?

Thanks in advance,

Tri

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNguy211,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Based on the information provided, Intel® HD Graphics 4600 does not support 5120x2160 at 60Hz. It is worth mentioning that the higher the resolution, the lower the refresh rate will be due to bandwidth. This also depends on the DisplayPort* output needed to carry the signal.

To find the maximum resolution and refresh rate available on your Intel® Graphics Technology for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and newer:

1. Go to the Product Specifications site.

2. Search your Intel® Processor model.

3. Under the Graphics Specifications section, find the maximum resolution supported by the graphics controller included in that processor. 

Note: Most devices will support any resolution and refresh rate up to the maximum value listed.

In addition, color depth depends on the operating system configuration, display capabilities, drivers, among other factors.

To provide further recommendations, please run the following reports and attach them to this thread:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer.

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Graphics report

1. Right click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.

2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.

3. Click on Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNguy211,

Were you able to review the information provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
TNguy211
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

Yes, it has provided some clarity, i found that i had to add another graphics card to support my monitor which is 5k and requires displayport 1.4.

Regards,

TNguy211

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNguy211,

Regarding 5K resolutions, you are correct. It usually requires two DisplayPort* connections to achieve this resolution.

We are glad to know that the information provided helped you with this inquiry. If you require further information about the Graphics Processor capabilities, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNguy211,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos