Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

When will be new update available for Intel HD 4400

SGoya10
Beginner

Why can't Intel release updates like they do for series above 500 or other companies like NVIDIA or AMD. We must get updates in atleast two months. It has been longer than 6 months since we have gotten an update. Neither has FIFA 19 error nor do I think FIFA 20 errors will be. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10, 

Thank you for your response.

System reports generated by the Intel® SSU let us gather useful information about your system configuration including driver versions, operating system version and build number, computer model, processor number, etc.

We noticed that you are using the latest graphics driver version available for your processor graphics, which is what we can recommend in this scenario.

Regarding the texture quality issues that cause the field in FIFA 19/FIFA 20 to become black, please find below what we found about this problem:

To gather more information, FIFA 19 (Demo) was installed on Intel® NUC systems using similar graphics controllers and drivers. Here are the results:

Issue: Black field/pitch in FIFA 19. 

Lab 1

Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNK

Intel® HD Graphics 620 driver version 24.20.100.6286.

Windows* 10 (RS5)

Result: No issue.

Lab 2

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE

Intel® Core™ i5-5300U Processor

Intel® HD Graphics 5500 driver version 15.40.41.5058

Windows* 10 (RS5)

Result: Pitch/field becomes black.

1. If using systems with hybrid graphics, we recommend running the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers only. Installing generic drivers may address texture quality and rendering issues, but we suggest that users contact their Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) first since generic drivers may override features and customizations.

2. If using legacy platforms, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and older, FIFA 19 may not be compatible with these platforms. As a result, texture quality and rendering issues may occur.

For more information, please refer to the following support web links:

It is worth noting that you submitted your question on an Intel® Community forum. In this scenario, we do our best to assist you through this support channel.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. 

Regarding the driver update required, Intel Customer Support cannot comment on future driver releases or plans for Intel products. The latest driver version available at the Download Center is 15.40.42.5063. Is this the driver you are running on your computer?

To better assist you, could you please provide us with more information about the issues you are having with FIFA 19/20 including the system model, OS version, graphics driver version, etc.

1. You can run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated to this thread. This will generate system information.

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

2. Please attach pictures (video) of the error/issue you are experiencing.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10,

Were you able to review the information provided?

If you have any further questions, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10,

To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration. If you need further assistance, please provide us with the Intel® SSU report requested on previous posts and a brief description of the problem you are having while gaming.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

Sorry sir for not replying, actually I was outside busy so couldn't reply. And as I have told in a feedback before, FPS doesn't matter to me as much. I have different tricks to fix that. However, everyone knows how we get black grass when playing FIFA 19. FIFA 20 shows grass but aren't rendered correctly. Hope you reply.

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

And here is what you wanted...although it wasn't required

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

And tbh I did open the website but couldn't see a single reply nor did I get an Email.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10, 

Thank you for your response.

System reports generated by the Intel® SSU let us gather useful information about your system configuration including driver versions, operating system version and build number, computer model, processor number, etc.

We noticed that you are using the latest graphics driver version available for your processor graphics, which is what we can recommend in this scenario.

Regarding the texture quality issues that cause the field in FIFA 19/FIFA 20 to become black, please find below what we found about this problem:

To gather more information, FIFA 19 (Demo) was installed on Intel® NUC systems using similar graphics controllers and drivers. Here are the results:

Issue: Black field/pitch in FIFA 19. 

Lab 1

Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNK

Intel® HD Graphics 620 driver version 24.20.100.6286.

Windows* 10 (RS5)

Result: No issue.

Lab 2

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE

Intel® Core™ i5-5300U Processor

Intel® HD Graphics 5500 driver version 15.40.41.5058

Windows* 10 (RS5)

Result: Pitch/field becomes black.

1. If using systems with hybrid graphics, we recommend running the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers only. Installing generic drivers may address texture quality and rendering issues, but we suggest that users contact their Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) first since generic drivers may override features and customizations.

2. If using legacy platforms, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and older, FIFA 19 may not be compatible with these platforms. As a result, texture quality and rendering issues may occur.

For more information, please refer to the following support web links:

It is worth noting that you submitted your question on an Intel® Community forum. In this scenario, we do our best to assist you through this support channel.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

As I said, the fps doesn't matter to me and what EA releases is a minimum specs to able to play game with low graphics at better performance. I just need an update that fixes rendering issue just like Intel released an update for Intel HD 630 for that.

And its been a long time since Intel released update for Intel HD 4400, they must atleast listen to users and provide an update for the product atleast once in 3 months.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. 

In this scenario, we can only refer you to our previous post to review the recommendations provided.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance with other inquiries, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

Only thing is I am not just opening this thread for myself, I am doing this so that anyone can install the latest drivers. Intel needs to understand that updates should be frequent rather than just releasing them twice an year. Sure checked your previous post and recommendations, but OEM don't release updates anymore. I will have to use Intel's latest drivers because of that and I don't have any problem if my battery drains fast.

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

Just like that no reply again.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SGoya10,

Intel Customer Support does not know when or if a new driver for Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (legacy platform) will be released soon. We recommend that you continue checking the Download Center for new drivers.

Having said that, we consider this thread to be closed since final recommendations were provided. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Wanner G.

0 Kudos