Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Why Intel Graphics app changes selected display profile after restart?

TechGeek-DA
Novice

I am using Windows 11 on Asus Vivobook 14 laptop and the Intel Graphics Command Center app is installed. I have created a display profile and when i select that profile, it switches back to default profile after when I restart the OS.

I want to know how I can make the custom profile permanent so that even after restarting Windows it stays the same.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TechGeek-DA

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

·      IGCC Report: Follow these steps to generate an Intel® Graphics Driver report for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

·      SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TechGeek-DA
Novice

Please find the attached files---"Intel® UHD Graphics - Tuesday, 31 October 2023.txt" (Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers) and "Intel SSu Report.txt" (Intel® System Support Utility ).

I would also like to report one to issue---if I keep the blue and green colors to minimum level, the screen color doesn't turn red even after setting the red color level to maximum. Why it happens like that?

I have attached t he screenshot.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello TechGeek-DA

Thank you for your reply.

Upon a thorough examination of the System Support Utility (SSU) and the Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) report, we have identified an issue related to your graphics driver not being current. To effectively address this matter with our specialized graphics team, it is imperative that we update the graphics driver to the latest version. This step will facilitate a more accurate diagnosis of the issue.

It’s worth mentioning that Intel® provides generic versions of software and drivers. When talking about laptops, the computer manufacturer (OEM) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.

For this reason, we recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer to avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers.

For this please perform a clean install of the latest driver for your laptop:

·      Latest OEM: Version V30.0.101.1660.

If the issue persists, try our latest driver:

·      Latest Intel: 31.0.101.2125(Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows*)

We kindly request that you inform us if the problem persists during your usage. This will enable us to conduct an internal evaluation of the issue during our subsequent interaction. Your feedback will be instrumental in assisting us in resolving the matter comprehensively and effectively

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
TechGeek-DA
Novice

I tried both the drivers but the issue was not resolved. The color profile changes after restart.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello TechGeek-DA

Thank you for your reply.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello TechGeek-DA

Thank you for your patience.

Based on the resolution from the graphics team, we will proceed to request a lab to see if we can experience the same issue.

As soon as we have the results, we will let you know.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello TechGeek-DA

Thank you for your patience.

Based on the resolution from the lab, our suggestions are the following:

Asus support confirmed that their MyASUS Splendid app may work similarly to the one from Dell. This can be affecting the IGCC tool as it is mentioned in article 000057513- Intel® Graphics Command Center Settings Revert to Default on Restart.

Please check this app and set the color profile settings there. If this app is not used by you, then disabling the color feature or uninstalling the app will be a better option.

·      Note: Before uninstalling you must check which features may be removed - like some performance profiles or shortcuts.

Since IGCC is a Windows store app, we have also an option to: go to Win settings-Apps-Installed apps-IGCC> click "..." and advanced options> Then do repair or reset.

One of the last things might be: if after you uninstall all ASUS unnecessary apps and IGCC will still have issues, then DDU+IGCC removal, then fresh driver install (Latest Intel: 31.0.101.2125(Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows*)/Latest OEM: Version V30.0.101.1660)

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TechGeek-DA  

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos