Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Why the latest graphics driver for UHD630 has an issue with opening HDR&WCG option?

YDeng7
Beginner

Hi,

I have a DELL XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H which has a UHD630 graphics card. I connect my XPS to a 4K monitor LG 27UK650 via HDMI 2.0 and it can output 4K@60Hz with any version of drivers.

Since I update my UHD630 graphics card driver to 24.xxxx or 25.xxxx, I found that if I turned on the HDR&WCG option in Win10 1803 settings, my 4K monitor LG 27UK650 seems can't properly receive 4K HDR signal, and the screen just goes black.

However, the 23.20.16.4973 driver at 2018/2/28 doesn't have this issue. 

Is that a bug or something? I don't want to use the old version driver which is not cool at all. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for waiting. I would like to let you know that we have been unable to reproduce this issue in our lab using an Intel NUC7i5BNK connected to an LG OLED55E6P via straight HDMI connection. Same drivers were tested on Win10 RS5 and RS4. In this case, since the issue occurs on your DELL XPS 15 9570 (which features hybrid graphics = Intel + NVIDIA) and only with certain drivers, the best approach is to install only the drivers provided directly by Dell as they are validated and tested on the system model. If the issue appears even with the Dell drivers, you can report this to Dell so they can debug the issue and find its root cause. Reference link: DELL divers: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers DELL support: https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/category/contact-information?~ck=mn NOTE: in case you faced problems completing the install for the drivers we recommend contacting DELL support. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Which Intel® graphics driver version have you tested on the system? • Where is the graphics driver 23.20.16.4973 downloaded from? is it form the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of from the Intel® download center? • Please provide me with the information and reports requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
YDeng7
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Description

My XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H with 24.xxxx or 25.xxxx graphics drivers can't turn on the HDR&WCG option in Win settings.

Steps to reproduce the issue/bug:

1.Using XPS 15 9570 with 23.20.16.4973 graphics drivers which is an initial one.

3.Can turn on the HDR&WCG option in Win 1803 settings, and the monitor can receive the HDR signal.

4.Using XPS 15 9570 with 24.xxxx or 25.xxxx graphics drivers.

5.The HDR&WCG option also can be turned on. However, the monitor can't display anything or receive signal and automatically turned off soon.

System information

• XPS 15 9750 i7-8750H with UHD630.
  • LG 27UK650 4K HDR monitor.
  • Dxdiag.txt and ssu.txt are attched below.(I have upgraded to 25.xxx, and using the monitor with the HDR&WCG option off.)

Additional configuration details:

Output the display signal though an HDMI 2.0 connector and an HDMI 2.0 cable.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for the information. • Have you confirmed if the operating system has all the updates installed on the system? 1. Go to Windows® settings. 2. Update and security. 3. And scan for updates. • Have you verify this behavior with Windows® 10 1809 installed on the system? o Reference link to install the Windows® 10 update assistance: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 I was checking your case and would like to know if have tired the Windows updates on the system. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
YDeng7
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Sorry for the delay.

I have updated to 1809 from 1803 and my 1809 is up to date but the HDR option still can't work properly.

I also try to update my graphics driver to DCH 25.20.100.6471, but it can't be installed due to a signature problem. However, I remember I could install it at 1803.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for the information. What error message are you having during the Intel® graphics driver installation? Please provide a picture of it. • Try completing a clean installation of the graphics driver following these steps: o First, you will have download the Intel® UHD graphics 630 driver version on the following link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28435/a08/dch_win64_25.20.100.6471.exe, once the driver is downloaded please make sure that the unit is not connected to the internet during the uninstall/install driver to avoid any automatic update, and follow these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers: 1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc 2. Expand the Display Adapters section. 3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver). 4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall. 5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device. 6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished. o Follow these steps until you have reach Microsoft basic display adapter, when are at the Microsoft basic display adapter complete the install of the Intel® graphics diver on the system. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
YDeng7
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I do what you said and I still can't install  DCH 25.20.100.6471.

The screen shot is attached below.

Thanks!TIM图片20190111101143.png

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for the information. Please try the driver update with these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
YDeng7
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I went through exactly every step you've said but that installing error remains.

I have tried 24.20.100.6287 in 1809, but the hdr also can't be turned on.

I also tried 23.20.16.4973 in 1809, as same as 1803, the hdr mode is work fine .

I reckon that the hdr issue is not related with the win 10 version but graphic driver version.

I have notified Dell this driver issue, too. however, there do nothing by now.

Do you have any other idea about dealing with this issue?

Thanks for your kindly help again!

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for the information and for all the testing that performed for this behavior, allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

What are your findings? HDR is still not showing up on the current DCH 25.20.100.6519.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for sharing the outcome of testing with the Intel® graphics driver version DCH 25.20.100.6519. We are working on completing the testing on our end. I will be posting any update as soon as it is available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello YDeng7 Thank you for waiting. I would like to let you know that we have been unable to reproduce this issue in our lab using an Intel NUC7i5BNK connected to an LG OLED55E6P via straight HDMI connection. Same drivers were tested on Win10 RS5 and RS4. In this case, since the issue occurs on your DELL XPS 15 9570 (which features hybrid graphics = Intel + NVIDIA) and only with certain drivers, the best approach is to install only the drivers provided directly by Dell as they are validated and tested on the system model. If the issue appears even with the Dell drivers, you can report this to Dell so they can debug the issue and find its root cause. Reference link: DELL divers: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers DELL support: https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/category/contact-information?~ck=mn NOTE: in case you faced problems completing the install for the drivers we recommend contacting DELL support. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos