Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Windows 10 DCH

ankurgyawali
Beginner

Whenever i update my DCH driver to 27.20.100.9466 Version Of 16 April. It gets installed for like 1 day .Then next day it gets back to previous version. I dont know whats the issue. And installing now also require compulsion second try.

MY DEVICE INFO

Dell G3
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model G3 3579
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.15.0, 4/20/2021

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a laptop. Laptop manufacturers will often modify the graphics driver package to configure and/or add support for custom features of the laptop design. If this is the case and you install the generic driver package from Intel, you are losing the benefits of the modified packages, may end up with features not working properly (or not working at all) and could sometimes end up with an unstable system. Further, because the laptop manufacturer knows that they have modified the packages (and know the ramifications for their product of using a generic package from Intel), they will configure Windows Update (via the Microsoft Catalog, not anything you have control over) to only install their modified versions and this can cause the driver reversion that you are seeing.

Bottom line, it is recommended that you stick with the graphics driver packages provided by the laptop manufacturer. If you are in need of a newer release from Intel for some particular feature or bug fix, you need to contact your laptop manufacturer and request that they produce a new release of their driver package. If you cannot wait and insist upon installing the generic driver package from Intel, you need to understand the ramifications of your doing so.

Hope this helps,

…S

0 Kudos