Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Windows 10 install automaticaly old Intel GPU Driver

r3union
Novice

Hallo,

I have 2 Graphic Card in my System. Intel UHD 730 and nVidia RTX 3060.

I use my Intel GPU for Rendering with OBS Studio. The Intel Quicksync is for me best Codec for display recording.

Since 3 Weeks Windows 10 install old Intel GPU Driver from 02.03.2022 without ask me if i want or not 😞

If i install the Intel GPU Driver from 01.2023, windows 10 again delete it and replace old intel driver 😞 

I downloaded Intel Driver from intel Website and from Asus Website special for my Motherboard. But my Windows dont like it. 1 Day later windows replace it 😞

Have you any Tips for me to stop Windows 10 automaticaly install old driver ?

Sorry for my bad english.

My System Spec:

Asus Tuf Z690-Plus Wifi D4

Intel i3-12300

2x8GB DDR4 4400MHz

Msi RTX 3060 Gaming X

Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB

Windows 10 Pro x64

All Bios and Driver are uptodate

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You can tell windows to block/hide the old driver by using the wuShowHide tool, which I have attached.

Update the intel driver as you have been doing.

Reboot your machine.

Immediately run the wuShowHide tool, and hide the old driver.

That is all there is to it.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You can tell windows to block/hide the old driver by using the wuShowHide tool, which I have attached.

Update the intel driver as you have been doing.

Reboot your machine.

Immediately run the wuShowHide tool, and hide the old driver.

That is all there is to it.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

r3union
Novice

Hi AlHill,

Tank you for the Tips and your answer.

I will test with wuShowHide Tool.

I hop it help.

Many Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello r3union,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics 730, I will be glad to assist you with that.

I am glad to see that you have received help already. Please let us know if the recommendation worked, and if so, let me know if you have any concerns or need further assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

r3union
Novice

Hallo Steven,

Thank you for your answer. My Intel GPU work fine. I have not any problem with it.

The problem ist Microsoft Windows Update. 

i don't understand why windows deletes the new driver and installs the 1 year old driver. Intel may instruct microsoft to stop replacing the new driver with the old one. Alhill's answer helped me. I ran the tool wuShowHide 1x and since then my Windows 10 has been quiet 🙂 At the moment I'm satisfied.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate your response.

I am glad to know the issue is now solved. For more information, feel free to check the Windows* Update Keeps Rolling Back Graphics Driver to a Previous Version (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087834/graphics.html) article.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

r3union
Novice

Thanks for the hint. I looked at your link. In fact, when installing Intel drivers, I ticked the uninstall old drivers box. It may be that by deleting Windows drivers, Windows tries to restore the driver.
Ok next time I know that I don't have to activate the hook anymore 🙂

0 Kudos