Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Windows 10 not recognizing HDMI

svrucina
Beginner

Hello, not sure if I got 'Graphics' part right, but lets try to solve my problem here 🙂

Yesterday my dad told me he can't turn on his monitor so I unplugged power cable from my monitor to check if it is the cable problem(it was 0/1 switch on monitor set to 0 so we solved that one) but when I plugged the power cable back to my monitor problem started. Each time I turn on or restart my PC I get no signal on the monitor and I have to unplug HDMI from PC and plug it back in and then it works fine. Also, my resolution is kind of weird, windows recommends 1024x768 but my monitor is Acer x223w and only 1920x1080 fits it and when I set it to that resolution it looks fine but letters are blurry and you can clearly see something is wrong. Things I have tried: 1) unplug HDMI, turn off the computer, turn on the computer, plug in HDMI and then restart 2) device manager: It says display driver is up to date and I have tried uninstalling it, restarting the pc and it installs automatically again, but does not work. And that's pretty much everything I've came up with. Also, it is an old monitor and I have VGA to HDMI adapter, but everything was working perfectly until yesterday.

My motherboard is MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus, Intel Z490

processor: INT Core i7 10700k

On my device manager I have only one display adapter: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Let me know If you need any more information.

EDIT: I do not have graphics card and I will be using integrated one for next few months!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello svrucina,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

3. Have you run all the Windows updates, including optional updates?

4. Are you using adapters? If so, we recommend using always a straight connection.

5. Have you updated the BIOS?

6. Have you tried with different cables? HDMI, DVI, Display Port.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello svrucina,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello svrucina, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos