Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
rnavo
Beginner

Hello Nic.

I was hoping v 3345 will fix my issue but it did not.

I built a HTPC based on Gigabyte G.H81 AMO-UP mobo and Intel - i3-4340 HD4600 processor running on Win 8.1 Pro after update. The mobo has only one video out via HDMI which works fine with any computer monitor.

When I connect the system to the main TV, a plasma Panasonic Viera, I get a scrambled image during and after booting, while it works fine when I access to the Bios utility. TV and HDMI cable work fine as well when connected with the previous system or my Surface Pro (HD4000).

I spent a considerable amount of hours trying all the suitable drivers from Intel and Gigabyte and ask for support from both without success.

Any advice on the matter is very appreciated.

Regards,

Riccardo

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

BUG:

Hi again Nic, first thank you and your team for the driver update.

I don't know if I should post this here again but the issues I got where having a black screen delay in a game unfortunately still remains in this driver version.

Here are all the details again:

Original posts:

/message/211065# 211065 https://communities.intel.com/message/211065# 211065

/message/211076# 211076 https://communities.intel.com/message/211076# 211076 msinfo32 file:

/message/213345# 213345 https://communities.intel.com/message/213345# 213345

Log/DxDiag files:

/message/211457# 211457 https://communities.intel.com/message/211457# 211457

Others who confirms these issues in the Steam gaming community:

/message/212918# 212918 https://communities.intel.com/message/212918# 212918 
0 Kudos
dsumm4
Beginner

Code 43

Upgrade to windows 8.1 caused broken driver. Updated driver to version 3345 which results in loss of secondary screen and inability to run projector.

Found old driver for windows 8 and installed. So far I have second screen but still cannot get projector to work

Running Lenovo Touchscreen with Intel Corei5-3317 64 bit using a Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Casio DLP XJ-A245V with latest hardware update also installed.

Please advise

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hello,

I have HP probook 4540s with

Intel Core i5-3230M CPU 2.60

ram 4gb

Graphics: -HD graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7650M

After w8.1 installation and 3316 drivers version:

black screen,

Catalyst control center(amd radeon):don't run but AMD radeon its ok on control panel.

and HD 4000 crash on control panel with an code 43 error. Intel graphics control panel don't run.

After install recent new drivers for HD graphics 4000, 3345 version:

The same that 3316 drivers version:

Catalyst control center(amd radeon):don't run but AMD radeon its ok on control panel.

and HD 4000 crash on control panel with an code 43 error. Intel graphics control panel don't run.

0 Kudos
SSuki
Beginner

HP probook 4540s with

Pentium 2020M

ram 6gb

Graphics: -HD graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7650M

After w8.1 installation, AMD 13.11 beta 8 and 3345 drivers version:

Everygames work fine. I can switch card. Everything seems to work well except the suspend. Everytime I suspend the computer, it will do a black screen when resume.

Before the lastest intel drivers, It was rebooting after sleeping.

I think it is an AMD problème It work fine on Windows 8 With the HP drivers, but not on Windows 8.1. And with the HP windows 8.1 drivers, we can't use the 7650M drivers... Hope Intel will release soon Gaming graphics cards ! The lack of drivers from AMD is disappointed

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi SuzuKube,

Sure, everytime that disable and enable or install graphics drivers.. when i restart pc, graphics system

crash with black screen.

Always after w.8.1 whith hd4000 3316 and 3345 drivers version but with amd radeon 13.9 drivers final version.. not the beta version.

Panel control and Catalyst don't run.

Amd catalyst error whet start pc.

So.. no cards.. no games...

I'm not a computer technician but i think that our dual graphic system needs than hardware, drivers and system of both card works fine.

Amd drivers works fine but hd4000 crash the system.

Maybe the best solution is a Windows update.

But the next solution at short term... the next intel drivers version for hd 4000 by nic and his team.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
JCanc
Beginner

Hi Nic

I always have, even with the 3345 drivers, an HDMI audio loss when I switch off my TV or change HDMI source of my AV Receiver (also when my PC cames back from sleep S3).

My PC finds no audio peripherals connected in all that cases. Very easy to reproduce.

Do you have an idea or do you want some more informations ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
jlang11
Beginner

Is there a fix to the problem to Windows 8.1 crashing Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver yet? It seems that LOTS are people are effected yet nothing seems to be happening.

I have a Samsung Ultrabook 13.3" Series 5 Ultrabook (NP530U3C-A07AU, and run an external Samsung Monitor and I can't use it because the graphics driver has come up with a error code 43 by the laptop.

I've tried downloading the latest drivers and it doesn't work.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ad that doesn't work either...

any ideas?

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

On my hardware (the motherboard Intel DZ77GA-70K, the processor Intel 3770K and the AMD card HD6450) the combination of the Intel driver 3116 and the AMD stable Catalyst driver 13.9 or the automatic September AMD driver produced black screen and malfunctioning of the 3316 driver. I checked the combination of the Intel 3345 driver and the AMD stable Catalyst 13.9 both for the case when the Intel graphics serves as primary, and for the case when the AMD card acts as primary. In both cases, the combination worked flawlessly. So I can safely say that the issue with the driver 3316 has been completely resolved for my hardware. Sorry to hear that for some of the others this has not been the case.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

Hi Nic,

Hello,

I have ASUS N76VB with Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU 2.40

ram 8gb

Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

After w8.1 installation (with drive 3308 - come from Microsoft update center) Intel HD Graphics 4000 stopped with code 43.

Delete of all HD 4000 drivers and manuall install of 3316 drivers version not change the situation.

Same for version 3345 - code 43.

But, if I delete all drivers and install driver 9.17.10.2884 (it is version for Win8 64) Intel griver started normally (i.e. without code 43), it can be started Intel control panel, and NVIDIAS control panel. But Intel Card itself works incorrectly, it is impossible to select NVIDIA card for diplay etc.

0 Kudos
HH4
Novice

Using these drivers, the black screen on wake problem in Windows 8.1 seems to have resolved itself, but I still have the HDMI audio not coming back when my A/V Receiver is powered off for some time.

It appears it is this issue being discussed here:

/thread/41853?start=45&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/41853?start=45&tstart=0

I have made sure both the graphics AND the audio driver get installed by using the Intel installer, and then verifying with device manager afterwards.

System: D53427RKE NUC

Windows 8.1 w/ Media Center x64

RAM: 8GB

Intel HD Graphics 4000

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@jncanches: We are aware of this issue and are investigating a fix for it.

@Billybumper: This driver is not designed to resolve the crash issue. Due to procedural delays in our development cycle, this driver was being created even while other issues were being investigated. We try to not let existing problems hold us up with launching new drivers if/when they are ready.

@Bokefas: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

@vpz: Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this issue and are still investigating it.

@dyndragon: As per my response to jncanches - we are aware of this issue and are investigating a fix.

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi again Nic,

there is a copy of my dxdiag

0 Kudos
jlang11
Beginner

Hi Nic,

so how then do I fix my problem?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

Back from the long weekend. Here's some answers;

@Billybumper: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Also, can you tell me if you are using either an AV/R Receiver or a USB 3.0 dock on the system as well?

@Bokefas: According to your dxdiag, you don't have a graphics driver installed for the HD 4000. It is showing as "Microsoft Basic Display Driver", which is just the bare-bone driver provided by Microsoft* designed to allow you to view your desktop so that you can install an actual driver. Are you having trouble installing the driver off our website?

@lqdchkn: I'll see if I can find out some more rumors today . If I don't say otherwise - assume that there are no rumors for now.

@R0N0B: Glad to hear the driver installed for you! Let me know if there are further issues.

@SuzuKabe: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Also, can you tell me if you are using either an AV/R Receiver or a USB 3.0 dock on the system as well?

Thanks all!

-Nic

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Asus* Taichi21 users;

Asus* has informed us that it is a requirement that your system use the customized drivers provided directly by them. The latest driver they have however, is a 15.31 driver - so there may be other issues you experience as a result, since 15.33 drivers (such as 3345) are the first ones that are fully Windows* 8.1 ready.

Long story short, download the latest drivers provided by Asus* for the Taichi21, and wait for them to release new customized drivers. I do not have an ETA on these drivers though. I encourage you to contact Asus* directly and inquire.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

@nic

Duh that's what we've been trying to tell Asus. LOL Not your issue though, so thanks for the info

0 Kudos
SSuki
Beginner

This is my DxDiag HP said AMD didn't send them new drivers... I think the problem is with the AMD card. As you said : The AMD drivers kickout the intel HD drivers 😕
0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Suzukabe & Bokefas: There was a BIOS update released in October for your HP Probook 4540s. It mentions a fix in the VBIOS (video BIOS) displayed, but I'm not sure if they also updated the VBIOS at the same time. You might consider updating your BIOS to see if this corrects your issue. A download for that is http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5269095&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D5%257CswItem%253Dob_125646_1%257CswEnvOID%253D4057%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D4%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&... here.

@Gil.Goldshlager: I've recently installed the full version of Sonic* Allstar Racing Transformed on Steam in order to test out the issue you are reporting. I have not yet tested on an HD 4000 system, and have instead tested on my HD 4600 currently. I am not seeing 8 seconds of black screen though, only about 2 from the time I choose a character and start the race. I have seen the same results with 3316 and 3345. I will be testing on HD 4000 shortly though - I just wanted to make sure you were aware that I was looking into your issue.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Gil.Goldshlager: Okay, just tested on HD 4000. I get about 8 seconds of black screen - the same as in the video you sent. However, before you mentioned that this was in error. It would appear to be a limitation of the hardware, as seen by the quicker load time of newer/superior graphics products that load it quicker. Can I ask why you think this is an improper load time?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos