Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20911 Discussions

Windows* 7 Driver (32-bit) - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone. We've just released a new driver for this product. It's for Windows* 7 (32-bit) only, and should have significant performance improvements over the previous version. The download link is below. If you are running a GMA 3600 device on Windows* 7, please upgrade to this driver and provide your feedback in this thread. (Relevant complaints, performance decreases, etc). *EDIT*: Additionally, if there are pre-existing issues that you are still experiencing with the new driver, please provide that feedback as well!

However, please be aware that this thread is dedicated specifically to this driver and the feedback for this driver. This thread is not a discussion place for Windows* 8 GMA 3600 driver questions/complaints, nor is it for Windows* 7 GMA (64-bit) driver questions/complaints. Any such comments will be promptly deleted. However, please feel free to use any of the already-existing threads of that topic to discuss and provide feedback there.

Thank you,

-Nic

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22479 Download Center

0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Employee

I have an Acer Aspire D270 netbook with the GMA 3600. I get lots of display disfunctionality when using the horizontal scrollbar in the Firefox browser. I installed this 1089 driver and saw no improvement with my problem. What are the chance of looking at this for the next update?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i suggest all to disable windows aero theme and use a basic theme. windows interface Performance are much better with basic theme on gma 3600

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Most of us already use basic themes as the chip is mostly found on netbooks shipped with Windows 7 Starter.

But the basic interface still performs poorly especially when compared to Windows XP which has a similar interface and performs well even on very old hardware.

In the absence of response from Intel I'm not sure of what we can hope for these drivers...

0 Kudos
PTorr5
Beginner

I have been intel user since 1998, but now i'm really upset with this driver, the performance is really poor. In the other hand AMD is making better graphics in this segment . When will be a decent driver available? It is a terrible lie that the GMA 3600 can play Full HD smoothly, just look how the windows border lag when you move a window. Older atom gpu were better!