Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
blore1
Beginner

Ok; I've done that, and I still have the same issue with the taichi screen flipping.

0 Kudos
SSoeg
Novice

I have run windows update and found the optional and already installed, ever since, I still can't connect through HDMI to my Samsung LED .... anybody can help me

0 Kudos
JSabo2
Beginner

I was able to install the previous version (Windows 7 & 8 64 bit) successfully. I tried installing the latest and greatest, but sadly it failed "OS not compatible..." something like that. Howevers [sic], after reinstalling the previous version [March 2013 release], I can now extend my laptop display to another monitor! # IwillSleepLikeAbaby

0 Kudos
LG
Beginner

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

Yes

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

AMD Radeon HD 7750 2GB

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

AMD 13.152.1.1000 (Issued 9/10/2013)

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1348

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229365 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229365)

Lost one monitor (Intel HD Graphics 4000 - onboard video) after updating from Win8 to Win8.1

Tried every "solution" posted in this and another Intel forum. Nothing has worked.

PLEASE help. I use 3 monitors and have only 2 now. This is a work machine and it's slowing down business

Last resort, buy another video card with 3x+ monitor support and ditch my current card along with disabling the Intel HD Graphics 4000 OR go back to Win 8 and be stuck there forever? I will probably do the former but must voice that I am shocked at how this issue still is not solved! How many people need to lose displays for Intel to do something about this?!

blore1
Beginner

My good friends at ASUS have now abandoned fixing this issue completely, it seems. Their default response is to reformat the computer. I've tried every single support channel I can for this, intel, MS, and ASUS, and no one helps.

I guess the taichi is just a useless block of metal that can't run windows 8.1 because of video card stupidity. That's rad.

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi Brian

Yark! Yark! Yark! please, forget ASUS and their amazing support team. They failed to answer me from day one. as you mentioned they told me to reload my original windows 8 it may solve the problem. Wow! what a news!

Worst of it when you open the box of your new Taichi21 you have a card telling you that you are THE CUSTOMER.!!!!!!!!!! my God! finally nothing. They bullshit us at large.

Regards

0 Kudos
rrex
Beginner

My problems are solved! No more Skype, Pic preview and other graphical apps crashes. No more BSOD.

I installed drivers, fresh added to my mobo support site (GA Z77 UD5H). Especially vga intel ver.3308 fixed everything.

In Windows Update, WDDM 1.2 changed from important to optional, so it won't bother me again.

Thanks Gigabyte Support!!!

0 Kudos
GWold
Beginner

I've got the (GA Z77 UD5H-TH) mother board.

I did a complete blow away of the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 8 Pro. Installed all the latest drivers from Gigabyte. No windows 8.1 for me any time soon.

0 Kudos
polli
Beginner

Hey mate,you got a link to that 3308 driver(I have z77x-ud5h-wb ver.1.0).Other versions tried have all failed(been trying to fix this since 19/10).I,m back on win 8 pro.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

The state A on my motherboard and the driver 3116 work correctly also with the AMD beta Catalyst driver version 8.

0 Kudos
SSoeg
Novice

Dear Nic,

- I can't connect my HDMi to the HDMI TV, before I upgrade to Windows 8.1 Everythings is OK, and after survey to the communities it's shown that the problem come with my Intel HD 4000, right now I had 10.18.10.3316 version, but still can't connect to 2nd Monitor through HDMi

- NO

SVS13112E Sony Vaio Windows 8.1 64 bit

Please advise

PDown
Beginner

Is anyone else here getting a blue screen of death when trying to install? If so, did you find any resolution to it? Currently, I'm getting an error of ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

I've updated everything I can to the same results. I'm able to manually install the driver in safe mode, but as soon as I restart, I get the BSOD again when it tries to load normally.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Hi again,

though on my computer (the motherboard Intel dz77GAS-70K, Intel 3770K) the driver 3116 functions correctly with AMD beta Catalyst driver Versions 6 and/or 8, when the BIOS is set to the state A (the AMD graphics primary and the Intel graphics always enable), I wondered if the solution, having been proposed by AndyMc for Lenovo Yoga at the beginning of this thread, would work also for me.

In the following, I have the TV connected to the AMD HDMI and the PC monitor to the Intel HDMI.

I uninstalled Catalyst driver and set the BIOS to the state B (the Intel graphics set to primary and enable if primary; the computer enters the post phase and the OS on the PC monitor; if the driver 3116 malfunctions it reverts to the TV). I had some luck with this state only initially, when I had solved the black screen problem by some reinstalling of Intel drivers. But the driver 3116 later malfunctioned again. In particular, it didn't work with the stable September automatic and Catalyst AMD drivers 13.9. This time and after rebooting, the OS installed the automatic AMD driver 9/10/2013 and the driver 3116 was of course malfunctioning. I uninstalled the AMD driver and its files and after rebooting Windows automatically installed an old AMD driver 9/27/2012. Surprisingly with this old AMD driver, the Intel driver 3116 and the monitors worked correctly as required by the state B, but only until Windows automatically updated the AMD driver back to 9/10/2013, when the driver 3116 malfunctioned again. Then I tried the AndyMc solution with the stable 13.9 Catalyst AMD driver: I installed it without the HDMI Audio. This time and after rebooting, the state B and the Intel driver 3116 worked correctly.

Conclusion: the September automatic and stable Catalyst AMD drivers are in conflict with the Intel driver 3116 in the Audio HDMI portion of the drivers. (Therefore: when installing the stable AMD catalyst driver, use the custom install of the Catalyst driver and exclude the installation of the Audio HDMI part of the driver).

0 Kudos
RCarl8
Beginner

I'm in the same situation here.

I have an ASUS CM6730-001S

i7 processor

intel graphics HD 4000 gpu on board and dedicated ATI Radeon 7670

My usual configuration had the primary screen on the ATI Radeon and the secondary screen on the INtel HD 4000 vga.

After upgrading to windows 8.1 the Intel HD 4000 stopped working: most of the time it show a code 43 error, some other time an error 31, sometimes it doesn't show any code but a message: "this device is not using any resources because it has a problem". The screen connected to it shows a "no signal" message.

I updated drivers for both graphic cards, I also tried older drivers, but nothing seems to change, the Intel HD 4000 seems not operating and can't find my second monitor.

I changed setting in the bios, switching primary GPU from PCI to iGPU to PCIE to Auto and such, but nothing changed.

Finally, the HD Intel Graphics control panel doesn't work either, as I double click the icon but nothing happens.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

When the AMD card acts as primary, enable in BIOS also the Intel graphics and try installing AMD beta Catalyst 13.11 driver Version 6, 7 or 8 and leave the automatic Intel driver (3116) (uninstall eventual other Intel drivers and their files).

When the Intel graphics is primary, do the custom install of the stable AMD 13.9 Catalyst and exclude from installing HDMI Audio and leave the automatic Intel driver 3116 (uninstall eventual older Intel drivers and their files).

0 Kudos
AAleg
Beginner

Hello!

I have a Summer 2012 MacBook Air with an Intel Core i-3667U CPU, which has a Intel HD 4000 Graphics card.

I'm having problems with this driver on Windows 8.1 as well. When I try installing it on my laptop I get a black screen and the computer hangs. I've tried both automatic and manual installs, and install through Windows Update and the result is always the same. The previous driver I was using, 8.15.10.2778, was working great, but I cannot install it on Windows 8.1

What can I do? Any info I can provide to help you fix this issue??

Thanks!

Ángel.-

0 Kudos
LG
Beginner

@ vsslo It worked!!!!! Thank you so much for posting the fix!!

All I did was install the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta Driver - the first Windows version listed - and voila! my 3rd monitor plugged into the Intel HD Graphics 4000 worked!!!!

Here is the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta Driver for Windows®

@ rcarlucci try this fix, your system is identical to mine - it should work!

Eureka!!

0 Kudos
MH4
Beginner

BUG: Code 43 on HD 4600 when AMD card is enabled (even with latest beta drivers).

Though others are reporting success with the latest 13.11 Beta9.2 drivers, it still does not work for me (possibly because HD 4600 vs 4000?). My specs and setup:

Core i7 4770K (latest 3316 drivers on the HD 4600 GPU)

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Motherboard (F7 bios)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost (13.11 Beta9.2 drivers)

Onboard Realtek HD Audio (3.78 driver); I don't use HDMI Audio at all

Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded from 8.0 Pro (no problems at all with 8.0)

Primary monitor (Samsung S23A700D, 120 Hz) connected to 7950 via DVI

Secondary monitor (Acer S231HLbid, 60 Hz) connected to mobo/HD 4600 via DVI

If only Intel drivers are installed (AMD drivers uninstalled), then both monitors work (though the 7950 is only using the basic Microsoft display driver; obviously not ideal).

If I then install the AMD drivers (even if I uncheck HDMI audio), the Intel-connected monitor blinks out and stops working immediately during the installation process.

Interestingly, if I have the AMD drivers installed first, and then install the Intel drivers, then everything works perfectly immediatly after installation - until I reboot my computer, and the Intel-connected monitor yet again displays no picture.

With both drivers installed, when Windows boots up I can see my secondary (4600) monitor briefly flicker out of standby mode, but then hear the "buh-doop" sound of a device being disconnected, and the monitor goes back to standby.

This exact setup (primary on 7950, secondary on HD 4600) worked perfectly fine in Windows 8.0. I installed 8.1 on launch day but reverted back because of this bug. I reinstalled 8.1 yesterday because of the reports that the latest AMD beta fixed it, but at least for me, that's not the case.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

From your description. it is not 100% clear if you have the AMD graphics set as primary in BIOS. AMD beta Calatalyst drivers work at least for me only for this setting. From your descriptiuon of Windows booting on the Intel monitor in the end, it seems that you have the Intel graphics set as primary in BIOS. (Be more precise how your post phase works on both of the monitors involved.) On the other hand, you do not use HDMI ports at all, so eventual conflicts between the drivers in HDMI Audio do not seem to be relevant for you. Most of the reports so far have been about problems with HDMI ports not working.

0 Kudos
MH4
Beginner

Well, I don't really have a "set primary GPU" option in my bios, there's only "Init Display First" (see http://i.imgur.com/cpS9VHi.jpg screenshot). All it really does is control which GPU/monitor the bootup animation and BIOS options get displayed on, doesn't seem to make a difference to Windows (either driver installs fine regardless of this setting). Generally speaking the AMD card would be my primary (PCIe # 1) but initializing the Intel GPU first has no effect other than displaying the POST info on that screen instead (the other monitor is in standby during POST/loading). Windows seems to treat them as equals (though I have Windows set the AMD monitor as my "Main display" for the taskbar and stuff).

I actually did an experiment: Uninstall AMD drivers. Set the Intel GPU to initialize first, and unplug the monitor from my AMD card. Intel is primary everything, drivers are installed, works just fine. Then I install the AMD drivers (13.11 Beta9.2), and the monitor blinks out of existence again during the install. Even if it's the only monitor available to Windows, just the act of installing AMD drivers kills it.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Obviously there are big differences in the behaviour of the AMD and Intel drivers on various computer systems. The whole issue with the Intel graphics seems to be quite messy.

0 Kudos